Banned chameleon diet?

The_Animal_Room

Long story short, I'm getting a male panther chameleon in a few months and currently the only problem I have is that my parents won't have certain types of live food at home (or outside). I've tried every idea possible so I don't need suggestions about how to get around the rule.

Currently, I already breed crickets for my praying mantis so I'll be using that as a staple diet for the cham. What I'm hoping to find out is what other foods can I use? I can't get hornworms, Dubia roaches, silkworms and super worms aren't looking great either.

Sorry I typed this really quickly, I'm revising for exams at the moment but I randomly remembered to post this. Apologies again for sounding rushed.

Long story short, I'm getting a male panther chameleon in a few months and currently the only problem I have is that my parents won't have certain types of live food at home (or outside). I've tried every idea possible so I don't need suggestions about how to get around the rule.

Currently, I already breed crickets for my praying mantis so I'll be using that as a staple diet for the cham. What I'm hoping to find out is what other foods can I use? I can't get hornworms, Dubia roaches, silkworms and super worms aren't looking great either.

Sorry I typed this really quickly, I'm revising for exams at the moment but I randomly remembered to post this. Apologies again for sounding rushed.
If your able to breed and contain the crickets I see no problem in why your not allowed to get some silkworms, superworms, hornworms. Crickets jump and have a higher chance of escaping into the house lol the others just wiggle around. Hope you can work something out with them! :D Maybe fruit flies if you get him young, stick bugs too maybe?

I've seen people breed superworms in the three tiered storage organized. Keeps its clean and tidy an in one small space. YouTube it I'm sure you'll find what i'm talking about

Black soldier flies and their larvae are excellent feeders. feeding the larvae is tedious so I mostly feed the adults. They can be purchased inexpensively by the 1000 and you can keep them in a wine fridge set at about 55 degrees. I got my wine fridge on Amazon for $60. I have had a container of larvae in their for nearly 2 months now.

Mantis oothes are cheap or can be collected in the winter.

would they allow you to feed super worms etc. if you arent raising them? like bring them in and feed them then and there so no chance of escape? That would add some nice variety.

Snails. I never raised them but they are supposed to be good feeders.

Blue bottle flies.

Stick bugs. I raise Vietnamese giants. tedious to use as a staple but great for variety.

If I think of anything else I will post later.

I much rather have a dubia, superworm, silkworm, hornworm etc escape and roam my house than a noisy cricket.

But since you're allowed to keep mantises, you can probably get stickinsects too and they come in many shapes and sizes, PSG1 as example.
Not the best feeder nutrition wise but variety is the spice of life.

Back
Top Bottom