Back discoloration/ Burn?

Jakefromshredfarm

So this one has become quite a confusing one for me. I have a 6 month old beautiful veiled that has been going strong ever sense I had gotten him up until I put him in a new cage this past week.

(Little back story if needed) sense I had gotten him from FL Chams he’s been in a zoo-Med 16x16x30. I know after about 6 months that they should be moved to a bigger cage. Being the college student that I am I’m broke so I decided to build my own. I made a 20x24x48 for a temporary cage until I move later in August. I’ll take pictures of the cage when I get off work this afternoon if needed

On the to problem. He was seeming to love the new cage and had no issues with anything sense. Still poops normally, still acts just as grumpy as always and still eats just fine. But then I noticed some spots on his back developing that seemed like it was discolored and somewhat odd. There’s a black line also surrounding the area. It still changes color but not to match the rest of his body. I’ve brought pictures to pet stores and people who have owned them for years and no one is able to identify what the issue is. It doesn’t seem to be sensitive but I haven’t and don’t plan on touching it to find out. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be very helpful.

And yes I would love to go to a vet but again I’m broke? 178982AE-7D6A-481D-929F-7DCF9C06BDE8.jpeg this is the day I put him in the cage 94DBDE06-57FE-4ED7-98B2-9E45C54BC8EA.jpeg this is two days later FF82E7B5-81CE-4594-BD98-867FD8FA092E.jpeg and this was my big boy this morning. No he’s never happy but that’s why I love him ❤️

Attachments

• 0508D5CB-0931-419E-97FC-FB02C2813235.jpeg
    0508D5CB-0931-419E-97FC-FB02C2813235.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 141
They look like burns.
Can you hold your hand under the basking light without having move it away?

Please don't make more than one thread about the same issue with the same chameleon. It makes it hard for us to follow.

They look like burns.
Can you hold your hand under the basking light without having move it away?

Please don't make more than one thread about the same issue with the same chameleon. It makes it hard for us to follow.
Yes I can move my hand under the light. I measured out the distance from the bulb to the top of the cage as well as his favorite basking spot. 3in off the cage and 7in from tallest basking spot. Also I’m sorry I’m new here and just got worried. Is there a way to take the other post down?

Yes I can move my hand under the light. I measured out the distance from the bulb to the top of the cage as well as his favorite basking spot. 3in off the cage and 7in from tallest basking spot. Also I’m sorry I’m new here and just got worried. Is there a way to take the other post down?
You can't delete threads without an admin

To me it looks like minor burns. You should take him to vet if you’re concerned and ask for some silvadene, unfortunately you’ll probably need to tell the vet what you need. Most vets know less about chams than you do, so you’ll need to do the research and suggest a course of treatment. They have access to the the meds, and They’ll prescribe silvadene for burns. I suggest adding bee pollen from biodude.com to help his immune system. Make sure that he’s at lest 7 inches away from his basking bulb at all times.

Back
Top Bottom