BABY HATCHLINGS!

Lindsay9758

So, I previously posted that I was not sure if my veiled eggs were going to hatched since I changed their soil, but I checked on them today and THEY ARE HATCHING! Thanks everyone for the input. I was wondering if my extra lamp that I had for them was okay or if i should get a reptile light with the daytime/night time lamp. This one is a 60 watt led daytime I currently have them on. Also, any care giving advice would be great. Currently i am spraying the leaves with water and I'm going to pick them up some flyless fruit flies. If anyone has more advice i would love feedback. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Resized_20200820_133251.jpg
    Resized_20200820_133251.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 125
Congrats!!! I’ll add to the above...when using the heat lamp make sure the temps are mid 70s basking no higher than 80. Like @AmandaS said get a linear T5. I would get a temp gun, thermometer for the bin, and invest in a solar meter to make sure uvb level is correct if you don’t already have them. ?

I took the extra t5 linear from my other cage and put it on with the other lamp. I have im not sure if it is to hot for them, just worried it will be to cold if I just have that one on there. I will look into getting the temp gun thermometer and solar meter today! I have 5 and 6 is hatching so far out of the 11. ☺☺

I never used a heat lamp at my house. But it stayed mid 70s and never got above 80. Any digital thermometer with probe will suffice.

So, I have 9 babies now, but they are not eating. Ive tried fruit flies but there is very scarce baby food around where I live. I have tried stimulating their appetite by putting them in the sun as well. Any pointers?

I have not seen any poo yet. They were just hatched within 24 hours. Should feeding be immediately? Heres a pic of what I currently have them in.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 89
They wont eat the first day or two, likely.
I would be concerned that they will eat that soil and risk impaction while hunting for the flies.
I used 1 layer of paper towels on the bottom of my bin.

Your T5 needs to be 9 inches above the babies. If you just lay it on that screen it will be too close and they will be overexposed.

They using their yolk sack, usually they don't eat first 24 hours or so. Don't worry they will munch the fruit flies tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom