Baby Acuminatus sex so CONFUSED!!!!

dartfrog

nei everyone,
Im over the moon as ive 4 new baby Acuminatus that are are now 10 days old so pleased as I sadly lost mum not realising that she had laid 2 clutches at the time. Hope im not tempting fate but they seem to be doing well munching on pinheads & springtails!:) Im so confused thou as all the babies have hatched with proper little tails as have every baby that has hatched from her approx 15 in total (4 clutches) from what i understand this makes them all males as the only pics i can find of the females they have only a tiny stump after hatching. Thought it might be genetic or something with the parents:confused: Last month however i lost one of my first babies from her that was approx 10 months old looked very inflated before it passed so thought some sort of impaction was so shocked to find partly developed eggs inside so obviousely female yet this one hatched with a tail like all the others. You can see pics of her on my thread (My precious Acuminatus Babies) shortly after hatching with a tail!!:confused:
Please anyone have any ideas?
Many Thanks Heatherxxx

nei everyone,
Im over the moon as ive 4 new baby Acuminatus that are are now 10 days old so pleased as I sadly lost mum not realising that she had laid 2 clutches at the time. Hope im not tempting fate but they seem to be doing well munching on pinheads & springtails!:) Im so confused thou as all the babies have hatched with proper little tails as have every baby that has hatched from her approx 15 in total (4 clutches) from what i understand this makes them all males as the only pics i can find of the females they have only a tiny stump after hatching. Thought it might be genetic or something with the parents:confused: Last month however i lost one of my first babies from her that was approx 10 months old looked very inflated before it passed so thought some sort of impaction was so shocked to find partly developed eggs inside so obviousely female yet this one hatched with a tail like all the others. You can see pics of her on my thread (My precious Acuminatus Babies) shortly after hatching with a tail!!:confused:
Please anyone have any ideas?
Many Thanks Heatherxxx
hmmmmmmmmmm i dont know

Back
Top Bottom