B.Y used the force

BabyYoda

Hello everybody! My 7 month old veiled Chameleon took it upon himself to somehow climb to one of the two screens placed for uvb/backing lights. I walk in from work and see him hanging like Spiderman catching Crickets from below. I have never seen him do this before but I turned off the heat light and kept one of the UVB lights on. Enjoy the picture!
P.S. he almost gave me a heart attack when I walked int hedoor and seen him

Attachments

• Snapchat-1724239761.jpg
    Snapchat-1724239761.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 106
This is not good!! He will get burned!! Elevate the heat lamp so your cham can access the top half of the viv. Without a linear uv bulb your cham will die, that's about all I will say, the others will chime in with other corrections

Last edited:
This is not good!! He will get burned!! Elevate the heat lamp so your cham can access the top half of the viv. Without a linear uv bulb your cham will die, that's about all I will say, the others will chime in with other corrections
I have 2 other chameleons in 2 other similar enclosures, one 2 years old and the other around 16 months, both raised from babies and they are just fine. I mentioned that the heat lamp was turned off in the original post. A linear UVB bulb isnt the only thing that can meet light requirements. You're looking at him on the screen underneath one of the UVB bulbs, on one half of the enclosure, he has a separate set of lights on the opposite side of the enclosure, as it is very large. I thank you for your concern, but I think its mislead as you say he can die without knowing the specs of the cage, nor have a view of the complete set up. I am a father of 3 happy, healthy Chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom