As well as a mister before lights on/after lights off is a fogger at whilst they sleep necessary?

Depending on your cham... Running a misting right after lights come on can be beneficial. Some chams need to see moving water to trigger a drinking response.

Fogging at night with cool temps is another form of hydration. It also helps with a night time humidity bump. It should be done only when temps are lower like under 67-68. If ambient temps are hotter then this creates a respiratory infection risk.

Depending on what you are able to achieve with misting only you may not have to fog at night. For example I have a hybrid enclosure and only run misting sessions. I am able to get a night time humidity in the high 70's without doing any fogging.

Depending on your cham... Running a misting right after lights come on can be beneficial. Some chams need to see moving water to trigger a drinking response.

Fogging at night with cool temps is another form of hydration. It also helps with a night time humidity bump. It should be done only when temps are lower like under 67-68. If ambient temps are hotter then this creates a respiratory infection risk.

Depending on what you are able to achieve with misting only you may not have to fog at night. For example I have a hybrid enclosure and only run misting sessions. I am able to get a night time humidity in the high 70's without doing any fogging.
Thank you, I'll keep an eye out on night time humity and make a desicion

Back
Top Bottom