Are my Supplements good?

cadet21345

Established Member
I have calcium without D3 and phosphorus and every teaspoon I put 1/8 teaspoon of bee pollen. Her vitamins are reptivite with D3 and I use those the closest feeding day to the 15th and 30th of the month. I feed her 4 dubia roaches every 3 days and dust them.

I have calcium without D3 and phosphorus and every teaspoon I put 1/8 teaspoon of bee pollen. Her vitamins are reptivite with D3 and I use those the closest feeding day to the 15th and 30th of the month. I feed her 4 dubia roaches every 3 days and dust them.
Yes, supplements and rotation are good. Just watch the bee pollen closely. Too much of a good thing can become a bad thing. We have seen edema issues with too much bee pollen being used. Feeding amounts are good if she is an adult or approaching the 10-12 months age. This with a lower basking temp of 80 will help control clutch size.

Yes, supplements and rotation are good. Just watch the bee pollen closely. Too much of a good thing can become a bad thing. We have seen edema issues with too much bee pollen being used. Feeding amounts are good if she is an adult or approaching the 10-12 months age. This with a lower basking temp of 80 will help control clutch size.
My bee pollen ratio is 8 calcium to 1 bee pollen

What's edema issues?

What's edema issues?
Edema happens with an imbalance in the body. You see it commonly when people use too much vitamin A or D3. But we are also seeing it sometimes with too much bee pollen. Edema can also happen with gravid females. As egg production can really mess with their body overall.

Ok I'll try that with my next batch. Do I dust the roaches food with bee pollen or do I just leave it in the roach cage

Ok I'll try that with my next batch. Do I dust the roaches food with bee pollen or do I just leave it in the roach cage
You can do either. I mix it in with Repashy bug burger when I make it. However, I have dusted the bugs food with it and once just left a small pile to see if they would eat it (they did).

Back
Top Bottom