Are chameleon enclosure size's based on height or by living space inside the enclosure.

DaveTheCham5

Hello, I've recently been doing research into chameleon care, specifically veiled enclosure sizes. My understanding is that the average size for an adult male veiled chameleon is a 2' x 2' x 4' (16 cubic feet) enclosure. I was wondering if it is okay to house the same chameleon in something like a 36" x 24" x 36" enclosure (18 cubic feet), which is shorter but has more room for the chameleon inside. Feedback is very much appreciated. Thank You

Hello, I've recently been doing research into chameleon care, specifically veiled enclosure sizes. My understanding is that the average size for an adult male veiled chameleon is a 2' x 2' x 4' (16 cubic feet) enclosure. I was wondering if it is okay to house the same chameleon in something like a 36" x 24" x 36" enclosure (18 cubic feet), which is shorter but has more room for the chameleon inside. Feedback is very much appreciated. Thank You
Yup, a 36x24x36 is as good as a 2x2x4. Some people find that having the shorter enclosure higher up is beneficial.

My new cages I'm building are 32 x 22 x 42 and it is plenty big and more room than a 24x24x48 if you do total space inside. The size you mentioned would be fine as long as you dont have it sitting low, have it where the top is a bit higher than you. My cage I'm building below.
20200321_171549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom