Arcadia Earthpro-A

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
I already know this is a long shot, because I've been searching and searching and it seems like everyone is out. I had it saved on an amazon list, and they literally had it in stock just last week (I should have just gotten it then....).

So does anyone happen to know of someone to purchase this online from? Our new panther will be here next Tuesday and I REALLY wanted to have that available from the start.

I DO have calcium without D3. So I am okay for when he gets here. I just really wanted to get him on the EarthPro-A right away. I managed to get the Rapashy Calcium Plus LOD (to be used twice a month), and the Arcadia Earthpro Insect fuel to gutload.

At this point I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and order the EarthPro-A from overseas or something, and just use the calcium I have until it arrives. If no one has any ideas I will just keep looking each day until someone has it available.

It can be hard to find... When I used it I bought it through Lightyourreptiles.com but they are out of it right now too.

It can be hard to find... When I used it I bought it through Lightyourreptiles.com but they are out of it right now too.
Yeah I checked there :( I messaged Frams to see what they recommend. I have the webpage ready to pay over double for the bag of EarthPro-A from the place in Canada if it comes to that.

Yeah I checked there :( I messaged Frams to see what they recommend. I have the webpage ready to pay over double for the bag of EarthPro-A from the place in Canada if it comes to that.
You can go with a calcium without D3 and then when arcadia EPA is available in the US buy it. It is harder for us to get their supplements here due to customs. The baby would be fine on the plain calcium without D3.

You can go with a calcium without D3 and then when arcadia EPA is available in the US buy it. It is harder for us to get their supplements here due to customs. The baby would be fine on the plain calcium without D3.
Yep I guess that's my plan for now. Thank you!

These came in the mail today. I’m wondering….instead of feeding the D3 supplement twice a month, why not just mix the D3 and non D3 powders together in the correct ratio?

I am dusting feeders with EarthPro-A (no D3) every feeding and Revitalise D3 twice a month….

If I feed every other day, that’s 15 times a month.

If I dust feeders with D3 twice a month, that means I’m dusting with non D3, 13 times a month.

So why not just add 2 parts D3 powder to 13 parts non D3 powder and call it a day?

If I’m feeding younger chams every day, I would need to mix 1 part D3 with 14 parts non D3.

This can be easily achieved with a scale or small scoops that are scraped level.

I could just have a container marked “1-14 juvenile mix” and a separate container marked, “2-13 adult mix”.

Attachments

• C3A93D67-5377-44C0-B2A4-6EC78305BAE2.jpeg
    C3A93D67-5377-44C0-B2A4-6EC78305BAE2.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
These came in the mail today. I’m wondering….instead of feeding the D3 supplement twice a month, why not just mix the D3 and non D3 powders together in the correct ratio?

I am dusting feeders with EarthPro-A (no D3) every feeding and Revitalise D3 twice a month….

If I feed every other day, that’s 15 times a month.

If I dust feeders with D3 twice a month, that means I’m dusting with non D3, 13 times a month.

So why not just add 2 parts D3 powder to 13 parts non D3 powder and call it a day?

If I’m feeding younger chams every day, I would need to mix 1 part D3 with 14 parts non D3.

This can be easily achieved with a scale or small scoops that are scraped level.

I could just have a container marked “1-14 juvenile mix” and a separate container marked, “2-13 adult mix”.
I would not recommend mixing your own ratios... These are developed specifically for a low D3 and vitamin A ratio with proper UVB lighting. Arcadia's products have the lowest ratio on the market for these fat soluble vitamins.
Even with the all in one multivitamins like repashy calcium plus LOD version it is not recommended to give these every feeding due to the fat soluble vitamins. While some chams tollerate it some do not and develop edema along with other issues.

They recommend a third one as well in their 8 feed cycle.

I would not recommend mixing your own ratios... These are developed specifically for a low D3 and vitamin A ratio with proper UVB lighting. Arcadia's products have the lowest ratio on the market for these fat soluble vitamins.
Even with the all in one multivitamins like repashy calcium plus LOD version it is not recommended to give these every feeding due to the fat soluble vitamins. While some chams tollerate it some do not and develop edema along with other issues.

They recommend a third one as well in their 8 feed cycle.

I took a screen shot of the recommended supplementation from Chameleon Academy’s website. If I’m reading this correctly, I should use EarthPro-A at every feeding.

Twice a month I use the Revitalise D3 and Repashy Plus LoD.

I of course replace my 6% Arcadia UVB bulbs every 6 months.

This far I have just used RepCal Calcium w/o D3 and Repashy Calcium plus LoD without issue.
I’m not sure why I’m venturing outside of something that has been working, but if it’s on chameleon academy, and it’s good for my pets, I want to make the change.

Attachments

• 2F7E7BEF-2786-4407-A147-FA7AC64D21D1.jpeg
    2F7E7BEF-2786-4407-A147-FA7AC64D21D1.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 36
Gonna put feedback in red bold so its easier.

I took a screen shot of the recommended supplementation from Chameleon Academy’s website. If I’m reading this correctly, I should use EarthPro-A at every feeding.

Twice a month I use the Revitalise D3 and Repashy Plus LoD. No you pick a multivitamin that has D3 and A but no more than those amounts in it. So repashy lod falls into that catagory and the revitalize D3. But you only pick one of them to use.

I of course replace my 6% Arcadia UVB bulbs every 6 months. Then as long as your distances to basking putting them in a 3 UVI is correct the arcadia revitalize D3 is enough.

This far I have just used RepCal Calcium w/o D3 and Repashy Calcium plus LoD without issue.
I’m not sure why I’m venturing outside of something that has been working, but if it’s on chameleon academy, and it’s good for my pets, I want to make the change.
There are many ways to supplement that are correct. What you have been doing is one way. What your looking at switching out for is another way.
Bill leaves out the Magnesium supplement that arcadia recommends rotating in for the 8 feed cycle. Again their cycle is another way to supplement as well.

Here is the link to arcadia supplement schedule. As you can see they recommend an 8 feed cycle using the two you bought and Calcium MG at the 4th feeding. https://www.arcadiareptile.com/earthpro/feeding-programme/insectivore/. Their cycle requires you to chart it on a calendar. It can get confusing if you have multiple aged chams eating on different cycles.

Note with the arcadia they put bee pollen in their supplements. I would not give any additional bee pollen to the cham due to this. We have seen chams develop edema. Then when taken off bee pollen it reduces.

Back
Top Bottom