Panther Company
Canvas Chameleons
Jungle Hobbies
Ghann's Cricket Farm
Chameleons International
Chameleons Northwest
Mantis Place

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: April 17, 2016
  • To enter the contest click here and look for the Add Media button.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the entry deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules.

dates
entry deadline: April 17
voting: April 18 - April 30
contest results will be announced on May 2 2016

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Right off the bat I see we are again having people post multiple pictures of the same chameleon, people don't read the basic rules...

Yep, every month. Guess they are all excited and don't have time for rules. Maybe they are all guys that just can't use directions. :LOL:

We will be accepting entries in the April photo contest for a few more hours.

We received many excellent photo entries this month. A big thanks to everyone that participated! Unfortunately, there are a limited number of slots available for voting and some really great photos did not make it to the final round. If anyone would like to know how their entry could have ranked higher please send me a private message. This coming week I will try to post some helpful information on how we generally rank photo contest entries

View Entries: Photo Contest

Vote Now

vote.png

The vote count is a little low so I have extended voting until Monday afternoon.

The Results

1st place: KammerflageKreations
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: Male

2nd place: Jannb
Species: Chamaeleo calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon

2nd place: NHenn
Species: Calumma parsonii cristifer
Common: Parson's Chameleon

3rd place: CANDYMAN
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex:

If you are not familiar with how the contest works then please review the contest rules.

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 12 => 5 pts (KammerflageKreations)
photo 08 => 3 pts (jannb)
photo 05 => 3 pts (NHenn)
photo 11 => 1 pts (CANDYMAN)

judge rankings
There were no judges for the April 2016 contest.

There were many great photos and I would like to thank everyone for participating. If anyone has a suggestion on how to improve the contest please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums; if you prefer to remain anonymous you are welcome to send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

Congrats to all the winners! There were allot of great photos this month. I am so thrilled that my little Andy came in near the top. Andy was the smallest of my two little runt boys that came to me at 5 months old weighing only 13 grams, loaded with pinworms and cociddia and totally brown. I never dreamed he's turn out so colorful. I didn't even know if he was going to make it. Andy and I are thrilled that you guys liked his photo.

Just a question I've always been curious on here....

In the Contest Rule, under "Image Content", it states that "The photo must show signs of good husbandry."

I've seen lots of entries make it to the voting round that had no signs of good husbandry though? Like 3rd place here for example. The pic is cute as heck. I like it and think it is a great pic. But where are the signs of good husbandry? I'm sure the chameleon doesn't live on a pencil in its cage..... I've also seen final entries before that had a hand, finger, or an arm in them, and unless your chameleon lives on your hand, I don't see how that would show signs of good husbandry either..... So how exactly does that specific part of the contest rules get judged? I mean sure, you can look at a chameleon and tell that it is in good health or bad health, and make a judgment on the good/bad husbandry based on that. BUT.... lets pretend I had the absolute worst cage setup you could ever imagine, with zero plants and one single stick, that's it. No temp or humidity gauges. Only a basking bulb and no UVB bulb. That'd be a pretty bad setup, but let's just pretend that's what I have so we can use it as an example here for a second....

Now let's say I go out and bring home a brand new, healthy looking chameleon, post a pic, and win the contest because the chameleon looks great. My husbandry would be the worst ever, yet, the pic wins because the CHAMELEON looks good, and in reality, it is no reflection on my husbandry whatsoever.

So how exactly does a pic get judged for "showing signs of good husbandry" if I may ask? Always been curious.

Congrats to the winners by the way. Great pics from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom