Anyone ever thought of breeding stinkbugs?!

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Don't know about you guys, but my chameleons have always seemed to enjoy stinkbugs. Especially the green one. Saw my guy shoot about 2 feet to snag one this morning. Been finding stinkbug egg clusters all over the place around here too. The only problem I could see, like with my katydids, maybe a required winter diapause. Would love to get more green feeders, as most of us know, our chams love green things!

Don't know about you guys, but my chameleons have always seemed to enjoy stinkbugs. Especially the green one. Saw my guy shoot about 2 feet to snag one this morning. Been finding stinkbug egg clusters all over the place around here too. The only problem I could see, like with my katydids, maybe a required winter diapause. Would love to get more green feeders, as most of us know, our chams love green things!
2 feet?? I wouldn't like to be a lady cham getting smoochy with him ;)

Interesting idea. I don't think stink bugs need a diapause, my understanding is that stink bugs become inactive during the cold months, and they only start to breed during the warmer months, and the young become adults before winter.

Interesting idea. I don't think stink bugs need a diapause, my understanding is that stink bugs become inactive during the cold months, and they only start to breed during the warmer months, and the young become adults before winter.

You know what that's a good point, I think I read they breed a few times during the summer as well before winter hits. So maybe they'd just keep going in warm temps.

I don't want to breed stinkbugs because of the obvious lol

Though my chams destroyed three happily that I found in my garden

We have pinacate beetles. I didn't realize the green ones were stinkbugs...which we also have.

I thought the green stink bugs were related to the green June bugs we have....you learn something new everyday.

Those stinkers invade people’s houses around here. I dont know that I’d call it an infestation - but Ive had friends who had crazy amounts of them sneaking in their homes somehow. It seems like they are prolific.

They’re very similar to squash bugs, often mistaken for each other. Plant some squash in his run! :p

Those stinkers invade people’s houses around here. I dont know that I’d call it an infestation - but Ive had friends who had crazy amounts of them sneaking in their homes somehow. It seems like they are prolific.

They’re very similar to squash bugs, often mistaken for each other. Plant some squash in his run! :p

I believe it, pittsburgh is known for its swarms of stinkbugs too. When they first started coming around, there would be hundreds, if not more, in everyone's house(probably about 7-9 years ago). They were the regular brown ones, the green ones seem pretty rare, but I actually find them kind of cool lol. The numbers dropped a lot for whatever reason over the years, but it's still normal to find them in everyone's house. You can almost guarantee there's at least a few wondering your house at any given time. In fact, I just found a bunch of hatching babies on my garage door last night, they're like the size of grains of sand!

Oh I've seen the squash bugs before, always figured they were a type of stinkbug lol.

Back
Top Bottom