Any experience with manzanita wood??

xxaprilrose

Established Member
I bought three of these for a new enclosure for a Cham. After receiving it idk if it will be strong enough to hold an adult Cham??? I’m getting another baby but I was hoping to still use these permanently… I feel like they’re too small and flimsy 😞

Attachments

• E9FE1A61-F2A7-4424-BF95-A563AD7BB169.png
    E9FE1A61-F2A7-4424-BF95-A563AD7BB169.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 49
Manzanita can work. I prefer the sandblasted because it tends to not get slick with water on it. You might need to go in and trim off the tiny branches when the cham starts growing. That way there is also more room for the cham to get in between them when it is larger.

Thanks! If u both believe it’ll work then I trust ya and will put them in! I’m so excited to build a second enclosure 😍

Does anyone know if there’s anything I can use to darken the wood safely?? I kind of don’t like the white coloring and want maybe a brown color but I can’t think of anything that would stain the wood safely

Does anyone know if there’s anything I can use to darken the wood safely?? I kind of don’t like the white coloring and want maybe a brown color but I can’t think of anything that would stain the wood safely
Nothing I can think of... Because these are branches and you have a cham that is going to lick/bite branches I would be hesitant on using most wood stains in case the color bleeds.

Back
Top Bottom