Another Trioceros montium

TCMontium

My first montium, the species that made me fall in love with chameleons for the first time 7-8 years ago... :rolleyes: FINALLY MINE :eek: (4-5 months old male)
And for this guy, I built a bioactive vivarium with springtails and isopods for the first time too. I hope it doesn't break down for a long time.

36847174663_a1a843016e_h.jpg

37468170266_0e0d4eab44_h.jpg

23664225838_6d028a20c4_h.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem like there has been a small surge in the presence of these guys in captivity in Canada and Germany?

Now we just need to get some sent this way.

Yeah, I saw on social media some people from Canada, Germany and Netherlands that bred these guys this year. A nice year of montium. :D Maybe Canada can ship to US?

Congrats! That was quick. Didn't you just move?

Yes, I moved in on monday! :eek: I was already talking with the breeder for week, just needed to move and get the terrarium and stuff, then BAM! Come come cham cham! :p

Does anyone know if it is normal for montame chams or specifically montiums to show this kind of coloration only in the waking-up phase and going-to-sleep phase? He is very much brown at daytime in general, like in the first few photos. Ambient vivarium temp is high 60's to low 70's, spot temp is high 70's to low 80's. Moisture is always higher than 70%. Maybe it is too cold so he tries to warm up with darker colors? Or is he stressed at daytime for some reason? Or this is just normal?

37606570872_4c6431c526_c.jpg
36967826813_b5ca04f2a3_c.jpg
36928216614_85d6091694_b.jpg

My Jackson is only brighter greens if he is outside, or when he wakes up and falls asleep. During the day he is browns like your first pics, sometimes lighter greens if he's under his uvb for a while :)

Mine are lighter at various times, sleeping, waking, hunting, annoyed & resting in sleeping spot. They are montanes but not the same species.

My male Jacksons and several Panthers were always bright, so I thought something might have been off with him. And pictures on the internet are always bright colored for montiums. :eek: I guess this is normal behavior though, at least for now. I will keep watching him and will try to give him more wide ranges of temperature to let him regulate his body temp more freely on his own. (by that I mean colder nights and warmer spot (actually there already are 2 spots of different temps…).

Back
Top Bottom