another poop question :)

danielle609

Established Member
Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for about a week now, but haven't had a reason to post until now. My male panther(Dizzle) who is about 2 years old hasn't pooped since I believe saturday. (That was the last day I removed any feces) I wouldn't normally be concerned but on Saturday he got his first pinkie mouse in about a year( it was a very small one maybe 3/4 inch long). He is acting normal, and still eating like a pig, and drinking at every misting/dripping. If he is impacted would he still be taking the crickets that I offer him? I am just wondering if I should be concerned, if so I do have a great vet in my area that unfortunatly dizzle has been to twice (once because he got an infection on his elbow from a dead plant stem(over a year ago) and about 2 months ago for an eye infection) Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cage Info:
Cage Type
- 2' x 2' x 4'' I made from the cage plans at chameleonparadise.com
Lighting - He has a 75 watt heat lamp, a 13w 10.0 repti glo uvb bulb, and another uvb strip that is 5.0 (which I need to change it just hit 6 months old) His light are on a timer and come on around 9 and turn off around 9.
Temperature - His basking temp is about 90F (at the top most vine) and then the temp descends to about 75F give or take a couple of degrees. At night all lights are of and my room stays about 70F
Humidity - I am not sure exactly what my humidity level are, I just ordered a thermometer that also has a hydrometer (sp?) I put his dripper on him once a day that drips at least once a sec and stays on for over an hour. He gets misted multiple times a day for at least a couple of minutes.
live plants? I switched out his live ficus for a fake one, and added a hanging vine plant (Hoya) because I couldn't keep the ficus alive, just the top of it.
Location - My cage is located in my bedroom, it is very low traffic, and the door is closed at all times so the cats and dogs dont stress him out. We have Central Air, but the vent isn't near him, and my room doesn't get near as cool as the rest of the house.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon
- Dizzle is a beautiful 2 year old male sambava panther aquired from Chameleon Paradise about 2 years ago.
Feeding - His main food source is crickets. Only meduims because 1 they don't chirp, and 2 their exoskeletons aren't as thick. He gets fed almost every day, between 5-10. I hand feed him because his aim has been off since his eye infection, and because he is spoiled. (I am also thinking about buying poenix worms to see if he likes)
Supplements - I dust his crickets with Herpcare calcium & D3 about every other feeding and a mixed vitamin dust 2-3 times a month.
Watering - My main watering description was up with humidity, and yes I see him drink.
Fecal Description - The last dropping looked normal, no orange, It was dark brown with a slimy mucous covering with whitish urates( I think that is what it is?? )
History - An infected elbow well over a year ago. he was given one shot of antibiotics, and then an oral for 10 days. He recovered completley. and then a couple months ago he had an eye infection which he also got an oral antibiotic for. He seems to be fine now. The vet rechecked and said he looked good. He had a fecal done a while ago and was negative for parasites.
Current Problem - He hasn't pooped since saturday, and wonder if it may be from the pinkie I fed him.

Thank you for any replies and I will check back soon if anyone has any questions. Thanks a lot!

Dani

It takes longer to digest a mouse....in fact I have seen mice being thrown up again several days later undigested by a Parson's while the same chameleon would pass the insects through well digested.

that is sorta what I figured, but I am just worried because he is still eating, so he must have a really full belly right now :)

Back
Top Bottom