Amy's Progress!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well, I've had Amy for 4 weeks now (looks pretty certain to be female after all, lol!) She's growing, eating and pooping well, so I am very happy! She's just moved on to medium crickets now as she was such a piggy with the small ones. :D

She is still amazingly small compared to Lily, and I find her totally fascinating and she's really beginning to trust me now. She will run along the vine when I put the feeder tub in the cage, and before I can attach it to the side she is sat on the edge picking off the crickets! She will also walk onto my hand to get to a locust that is placed conveniently just out of her reach! I can now stand and look at her and she sits there and looks back at me - whereas before she would run and hide in the plants if anyone so much as glanced at her, lol!

She's settled in fine and I am very happy with her!

I'm glad she (seems to have) decided to be an Amy rather than an Amos after all (though either would be lovable). She won't remain amazingly small for long!

that sounds great Tiff. :)

you know, I just fed Splat, and I now take for granted how he just comes to the front of the cage to wait for food at breakfast time.
I guess all that hand feeding almost every day has helped with the trust issue.

anyway, keep up the great work your doing with your girl.

Harry

That's great Tiff! Hugo has really started to hate me, so I am very jealous that you get such 'affectionate' and trusting chameleons. On another note, would you like some waxies to help keep her happy? I am literally swimming in them, so can send you a tub in the post if you want?

Hey Tiff it sounds like all is well. I think time spent with a cham will allow them to trust you. Elisa hand fed the little quad, Tuffy, before I got her. Within in a day or two she was eating out of my hand. Now she is at the front of her cage and ready as soon as I come in every morning.

I just didn't see any way you and Amy would not be life long buddies. I am happy for you.

That's great Tiff! Hugo has really started to hate me, so I am very jealous that you get such 'affectionate' and trusting chameleons. On another note, would you like some waxies to help keep her happy? I am literally swimming in them, so can send you a tub in the post if you want?

Cool! A big yes please from me, Amy and Bubble! (Bubble, my sugar glider luurves waxies). You could try going back to basics with Hugo and see if it helps. Does he hand feed from you at all? If he does then that's the first hurdle. Once he is handfeeding regularly, you can try moving the feeder a bit further up your arm each time so eventually the feeder is just out of reach and he has to step on your hand to get it. Females are less territorial than males, so it may just be his age (equivalent of a teenager, lol) - if he's becoming a 'man', his hormones will be up and running. He may settle down again later.

Amy hand feeds so well she even started to aim at my hand today when I didn't have anything on it for her, lol! :D She knows that my hand means food now which is brill! I just need to take it slow and remember that she isn't Lily, and it's going to take time and patience to build up her trust.

Last edited:
Cool! A big yes please from me, Amy and Bubble! (Bubble, my sugar glider luurves waxies). You could try going back to basics with Hugo and see if it helps. Does he hand feed from you at all? If he does then that's the first hurdle. Once he is handfeeding regularly, you can try moving the feeder a bit further up your arm each time so eventually the feeder is just out of reach and he has to step on your hand to get it. Females are less territorial than males, so it may just be his age (equivalent of a teenager, lol) - if he's becoming a 'man', his hormones will be up and running. He may settle down again later.

Amy hand feeds so well she even started to aim at my hand today when I didn't have anything on it for her, lol! :D She knows that my hand means food now which is brill! I just need to take it slow and remember that she isn't Lily, and it's going to take time and patience to build up her trust.

Hugo knows that I mean food, he just hates me. As soon as i open the cage, he comes charging down hissing, and sometimes goes for me. If he sees me looking at him, he changes colour, and now refuses to hand feed from me. I haven't seen him eating in a while now, but Joe says he sees him eating. He loves Joe though, out on him all the time. Little git!

glad "amy" is doing well Zee eats the silk worms off my hand and he started to crawl up on my arm to my shirt. I want to put a feeding dish in his cage sometime but not sure how. I am going to ask his aunt when she comes down how she did her set up.

Hugo knows that I mean food, he just hates me. As soon as i open the cage, he comes charging down hissing, and sometimes goes for me. If he sees me looking at him, he changes colour, and now refuses to hand feed from me. I haven't seen him eating in a while now, but Joe says he sees him eating. He loves Joe though, out on him all the time. Little git!
similar to Mista. He loves me one day hates me the next,yet my husband he rushes to see when he comes home from work and spends ages watching him and listening to his voice i get quite jealous lol.
Tiff i'm really pleased for you:D

Thanks for all the comments! She is very cute! Here's a couple of pics from yesterday. It was the first time she kept her calm colours when out or walking on my hand, so I am really pleased with how she's doing!

AmyonSofa1.jpg

Skinny220609.jpg

What a pretty baby Tiff. That is wonderful news that she is calming down. Patience, moving slow and lots of hand feedings really can pay off. :D

Back
Top Bottom