Ambilobe Male + complete setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drone

Ambilobe Male + complete setup SoCal

img2670e.jpg

This picture is today, right before he was getting ready to settle down for the night and right before I started this post. Please note, it is posted sideways, as he is actually hanging on vertically.

For Sale, local pickup only - Riverside, CA. I am somewhat willing to work with potential local buyers on delivery, I have an old toyota Pickup I can carry everything in ....

Great for anyone looking to get back into the hobby after a hiatus, or someone looking to expand their setup.

I reserve the right to refuse to sell my setup to anyone for any reason I deem acceptable. First time Cham owners with previous herp experience acceptable, references from forums memeber would be helpful.

$450 firm for my Male Ambilobe and his complete setup. I will do my best to list everything and describe it in as much detail as possible. Everything is in Good - New condition. My loss is your gain.

1) Close to 1 year old Male ambilobe. At times he will come out onto my arms when I go to feed him, he will almost always crawl on the top of my head when on my person. Eats worms and feeders from my hand no problem, though, I use old superworm containers to dust and feed him crickets. He isn't too picky when it comes to feeders, I keep him on a diet of dusted large crickets and superworms. Occasionally he gets silkies and/or hornworms. I haven't had much success feeding him dubia. If you have specific questions about his diet or dusting schedule, please feel free to PM me.
This picture is fairly relaxed colors. Sometimes its quite a bit more red or sometimes yellow. I've had him since November, he has always been pretty relaxed and easy to handle. Doesn't bother him too much when I need to clean out his cage. I can give him water from the misting bottle and I've thought of getting him a hamster style bottle for the side of his cage as I've heard of someone else having trained their cham to drink from it. I wouldn't reccomend it for right away for the new owner, nor with most chams, but letting him drink off the hand misting bottle squirter everday when I get home from work has been the easiest way to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. Typically I'll feed him crickets in the morning every other day, with supers in between at random times. the Crickets are gut loaded with Cricket crack and whatever fruist/veggies I have leftover and to keep them hydrated they have water crystals.

pictures of the large cages/stand are in my album: https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/drone-albums-fullsizecagesetup.html

I also made a thread about it some time ago: https://www.chameleonforums.com/panther-enclosures-20698/

2) 2 24x24x48" cages from LLLreptile. He lives in one of the cages, use a divider and keep a 2nd cham next to him. the stand is a modified 55gal fishtank stand, refinished and sealed as described in the post above. looks great!

3) Dual 48" light fixture diamond plate style from home depot. there is a reptisun 5.0 that has been in since febuary and the 2nd is a plain florescent fixture also since febuary. A programmable timer powerstrip is included. The UPS in the picture is not. 3 spot fixtures are included, with 2 bulbs. also 2 ceramic bulbs for heating in the winter ( I haven't had them in since january I believe) are included, so you would need to obtain a 4th fixture if you wanted to populate both cages with lights and ceramic heaters. I do have a LCD thermometer included. I can only find one of the two thermostats I had as it's currently unplugged on the dubia tank.

4) 1 large ficus - I've let the other 3 plants dies off, 2 while outside, the boganvilla never did well indoors for me, I'm assuming it just didn't have light as it lost leaves over a period of time and I never took it out because he spends alot of time on the vines, but I would remove it for any sale to keep you from hauling it around. You are welcome to any of the pots and/or the small ficus I have.

5) feeder tanks : two 10 gal glass tanks, 1 for crickets with two feeding bins (1 for crystals, 1 for food) and the other for dubia. I reserve the right to release the dubia tank to an interested forum member on a first come first serve basis. My cham hasn't fed much from these anyways.
Included is miner-all, Rep-Cal with vit D and Rep-Cal Herptivite. I've had these since november so feel free to replace at your judgement. I have some water crystals and also cricket crack, and chicken laying mash that's included. I'm giving you my whole setup so you will be good to go even if you don't have any supplies currently. edit: also some fly food and container is included if you want to raise flys.

6) I have some various containers, cricket keepers and such not being used you are welcome to take if you want them.

7) 5 bio vines of various thickness. 1 grapevine vine and 1 piece of grapewood also included.

8)I will include the "vicks" humidifier. I havent used it for maybe a month so it needs to be cleaned before use but otherwise good shape.

9)infrared Thermometer by tempgun.com also included.

**Not Included** I have an unused mistking mister that will be posted in a separate auction. (not included with the setup) I have never hooked it up and have handmisted though I would recommend an automatic mister for most keepers. https://www.chameleonforums.com/unused-mistking-inline-heater-25800/

My reasons for putting up my cham for sale are somewhat complicated and personal, including financial stress, lack of time at home while I'm working, and I'm not sure I'll be able to take him with me when I move in a few weeks.

The only imperfection in my cham is that when he was younger he had a little bit of shed stuck to the top of his back that I didn't get off til his next shed. This left a few of the spiny tips on his back a bit rounded instead of pointy. Its not an issue but notable to the trained eye, and I'll try to take picture of it as requested. Best to see in person as this cham is in great shape and I only add it as a disclaimer to be completley upfront to everyone.

Many of you realize I have tons more money into this than I'm asking as is appropriate. I'm kind of a shy guy and I don't really like to barter, and posted a price I feel is fair. Please refrain from making low offers, as I will adjust the price as I deem necessary. Thank you for looking.

img2673e.jpg

sorry about the mess, everything will get cleaned friday/saturday - the left cage is vacant

img2675qxe.jpg

Woke him a bit taking this one tomorrow if I can get a pic of him a bit darker I'll add it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom