Ambanja/Ambilobe Baby Update!

Jamire

Hey guys,
Just want to thank everyone on the forum for all the wonderful advice I have been given.
A few weeks ago I posted about my little baby not eating much. I was advised to wait until he settles in. Well.. Its been over a month and although his appetite did pick up a little, I think he is just a light eater. (for now)

I was exceptionally worried for a few days when he was not eating at all. It must have been pre-shed stress because I came home to him one day and he was 95% done his shed! A few days later he started eating big time, gobbling up mealworms and crickets. Out of my hand and he is really recognizing the 7-up bottle trap.

He is eating either 4-6 crickets a day or 3-4 mealworms. Im getting some phoenix worms in. As well as Im going to try having silkies from eggs.

Here are some pics of him lately. (Sorry Im no camera buff. Pics aren't great.)

Here is the last thread and some older pics :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/baby-ambanja-eating-help-125808/

Post Shed, Just in time to help get those tricky parts:)
JShed.jpg

Seen him Dangling from just his tail sniping crickets out of the trap, was doing the Mission Impossible theme song to encourage him:) HE seems to be motivated to eat with my presence around. Anyone else's Cham like that? I ll walk into the room for the first time and "Snap" he shoots one as soon as I come in..
JMissionImpossible.jpg

His colors are coming in so gently:) He is getting very soft oranges all over and its amazing.
JCup.jpg

Had to do some cleaning and took him out onto the freerange plant. The first time he ever "Fired up" to this shade by my touch, HE will usually come onto my hand with a little bum touch and I place him on my scheff.
JGreen.jpg

I notice he does a lot of climbing on the roof of the cage, he gets around pretty quick that way:) He contorts himself into some pretty odd positions sometimes, he is very funny to watch. HE has never fallen, but some branches have gave way and he always retains his balance, he is a good climber:)
JOrangeBars.jpg

Back
Top Bottom