Almost done my DIY enclosure, ideas?

leovice

Not totally sure on how to upload photos (I'm on an iPad and suck at everything related to technology) but I'm almost done my chameleon enclosure! Well... The structure at least.
It's around 27"x27"x52", made of 2x2 pieces of wood, 1/4 inch metal mesh (only 1/3 done the mesh), it has linoleum floor that I picked up from the dollar store ($1.25 for 3 12x12 squares!) and the floor and surrounding area is sealed so there's no worry for leakage.
However, it's three sides mesh and the back is plywood, since it's fairly large and without it, it was very flimsy. I'm looking to do something to the back board to give it a more natural feel, so it's not a big bland piece of plywood. I was thinking maybe cover it in moss (attach it somehow) but that may be a bit of a witch to clean. OR get a lot of fake vines and line the whole thing in them, so it's just a big leafy wall.
I'm also contemplating the Oustalet's chameleon, but I don't have a lot of breeders around me and to ship to where I live gets very pricey very fast. So the pet store close to me could order one in, but I'm worried that it will be a wild caught instead of captive bred since I haven't seen or heard of a lot of Oustalet's chameleons that are CB. It's either that, a trans veiled chameleon or a panther chameleon.
I've heard lots of Oustalet's being friendly Giants, but I've also heard of a lot of horror stories about WC ones and them carrying a big load of parasites and not being tame whatsoever.
Thanks for listening to my rambling, it's awesome to find a community like this.
Edit: I guess one photo went through! There's double doors, a one foot one and a three foot one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 193
Looking good. Just a question though. Is your screen coated? The never recommend non coated screen as it could hurt your chems feet. In addition to that. I did a build sheet with pictures on a wooden enclosure that might give you a great idea on 1. a background for that nice looking enclosure and 2. it will square it up the way you need it. And the cool thing is that it will cost you less than 20 dollars in materials.

Back
Top Bottom