Air fresheners/Insence?!

KaijuVeiled

Hello everyone, I was just wondering in air fresheners and insence are chameleon safe. I normally have a plug in type air freshener behind my bed (12 feet from my chameleon) but I unplugged it when I got her because I was afraid it was bad for her, I also haven't burnt an insent since I got her! I really like the way both of these smell! Are they ok or a nono for my veiled chameleon?! Thanks guys! And goodnight from Kansas!

Hello everyone, I was just wondering in air fresheners and insence are chameleon safe. I normally have a plug in type air freshener behind my bed (12 feet from my chameleon) but I unplugged it when I got her because I was afraid it was bad for her, I also haven't burnt an insent since I got her! I really like the way both of these smell! Are they ok or a nono for my veiled chameleon?! Thanks guys! And goodnight from Kansas!

I would not use either one. Many air fresheners contain complex chemicals and oils that can irritate their respiratory system and they will also be deposited on the cage leave surfaces that they drink from. Burning incense is basically producing tars and ash that can be an irritant. Maybe not to you, but treat your cham as if it was a small bird...they are quite sensitive to airborne pollutants. Why not use these things in another room instead? If you have to have something scented in your room maybe some potpourri...you are not spraying an aerosol or burning anything to create the scent.

Back
Top Bottom