Advice on Feeders?

Inky

Established Member
Hello all, recently I have went from owning 1 chameleon to 3 and I'm getting real sick and tired of trips to the petstore so id like to farm a feeder. What is the least difficult to farm? I feel like everyone on this website is taking advantage of farming and I need the recipe ! I'm thinking dubias , since crickets seem much more difficult. How are you guys feeding your chameleons affordably ?

Roaches are super duper easy, and there’s so many kinds! If you’re up for the challenge, you can try silkworms, as well. Also, pet store feeders are usually expensive with online being cheaper, if you haven’t looked into that already

For non-climbing and non-flying species, there’s also red runners (some say the males can flutter but that’s never happened to me in 5 years of breeding them), discoids, peppered, dusky cave, horseshoe crab, ivory-headed, orange-headed, and more! @jamest0o0 is the roach god you want for a starter colony, too!

All I'll add is that before you commit to raising one feeder, make sure that your chameleons will eat that feeder regularly. Mine will eat dubias, but not consistently. Variety is best anyway.

Back
Top Bottom