Accidental Mealworm colony

Ah looks like they shut the species down, but i can apply for a permit. I have no problem with that. I would just be moving them interstate for feeders and it would be a simple form to fill out from what i can see. They can say no but might as well try.

How bad are red runners at escaping, last i checked the world was terrified of them escaping and infesting. But im pretty sure they are a high humidity species? I havent researched their care in a few years so forgive my ignorance <3

Edit:

Ah nvm i was thinking lobsters o_O what happened there. Gotta get my head in the game. Lol red runners might be a good choice for the geckos and for the chams too
I had 200 red runners get loose lol... they all died pretty fast. They generally need the moisture for their ooths. They are amazing feeders though, don't burrow and are active/soft. Probably the best cricket replacement, they even act and look a bit like crickets.

Lobsters on the other hand freak me out a bit. I used them for a while, they are great feeders, and are stopped by vaseline like a holy barrier, but still the nymphs are so tiny and can fit through screen... they also breed fine at room temp.. so I sold off my colony

How bad are red runners at escaping, last i checked the world was terrified of them escaping and infesting. But im pretty sure they are a high humidity species? I havent researched their care in a few years so forgive my ignorance <3

Edit:

Ah nvm i was thinking lobsters o_O what happened there. Gotta get my head in the game. Lol red runners might be a good choice for the geckos and for the chams too

They suck, you have to deliberately let them out if you want "escapes"

They look roachy but they aren't. I had to baby mine in order to get them to finally start surviving/producing

Back
Top Bottom