75 watt infrared heat lamp ok to use?

In my opinion, a bulb used for basking should have white light because it is easier for the cham to recognize it as a heat source since it is closer to the sun. I just use a normal household light bulb for my basking bulb. I use a 60 watt

yea i was just using a 60 watt bulb for a basking lamp but i needed something to keep the temp up in the cage at night. just wondering if i could use that as her basking lamp.

What kind of a chameleon do you have? Night time temperatures should be 10 deg. lower then daytime temps. Vieleds can go down to 60, maybe even a little lower.

What species are you working with?
I cannot think of any off the top of my head that would require additional heat at night.
Night time temps should be much lower than day time (at least 10 to 15 degrees in most cases)

-Brad

Just read your other thread.
No on the night time heat bulb, unless the temperatures in the room regularly go below 45 degrees.
Jackson's are a montane species that require much cooler temperatures and much higher humidity.
They need to be able to warm up under a basking light during the day, but not at night.

-Brad

ok thanks a lot brad i appreciate the input. The only reason i was curious was because yesterday morning when i woke up it was about 60 degrees in the cage and she went straight for the basking light as soon as i turned it on.

ok thanks a lot brad i appreciate the input. The only reason i was curious was because yesterday morning when i woke up it was about 60 degrees in the cage and she went straight for the basking light as soon as i turned it on.

Exactly what she should be doing!

Back
Top Bottom