75% humidity ok for veiled cham

Griffin006

I have an exo terra terrarium and have been monetring the humidity and just wanted to know if a constant 75% at day and a constant 65% at night ok for a veiled Cham . I haven’t gotten one yet so the heat lights are not on tho I just have the plants in there.

Welcome to the forum
I have an exo terra terrarium and have been monetring the humidity and just wanted to know if a constant 75% at day and a constant 65% at night ok for a veiled Cham . I haven’t gotten one yet so the heat lights are not on tho I just have the plants in there.
Not ideal, IMO/E, but they can work—others here have.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1651739/?q=exo+terra+terrarium&o=relevance

From https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

Humidity​

Daytime: 40-50% RH​

Nighttime: 80 – 100% RH​

Doesn't have to be perfect—these are targets.

A basking light will likely take care of lowering the daytime RH (temp & humidity are inversely proportional).

Nighttime can be raised with misting and/or fogging.

Recommend Chameleon Husbandry Program.

Consistent levels that high would create the environment for a cham to develop a respiratory infection.

Can you post a picture of your enclosure so I can see what your working with? Also how are you measuring your humidity levels? Are the levels the same in the room or just the enclosure?

Consistent levels that high would create the environment for a cham to develop a respiratory infection.

Can you post a picture of your enclosure so I can see what your working with? Also how are you measuring your humidity levels? Are the levels the same in the room or just the enclosure?

I’m also mesureing the temps and humidity inside the tank not in the room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 73
I’m also mesureing the temps and humidity inside the tank not in the room
ok now measure what the ambient room humidity is? This will tell you if it is the exoterra or if you just have an overall high ambient level in your home. If you have a high ambient in the room then a screen cage would be a better fit for your environment. That or a real hybrid. The glass enclosures can work but must be set up right and in a high humidity environment they are much harder to utilize.

ok now measure what the ambient room humidity is? This will tell you if it is the exoterra or if you just have an overall high ambient level in your home. If you have a high ambient in the room then a screen cage would be a better fit for your environment. That or a real hybrid. The glass enclosures can work but must be set up right and in a high humidity environment they are much harder to utilize.
It was about 50 and 60 percent

It was about 50 and 60 percent
Ok so if your room humidity is sitting that high then you have a high ambient humidity. IME there literally is no way to drop an ambient room level without utilizing a dehumidifier. I was running an expensive 30 pint one when I had high room levels like you. This was the only way to drop my hybrid cage humidity levels within a healthy 40-50% daytime range. If your not able to buy a room dehumidifier then I would suggest you go with a screen enclosure. The additional airflow is going to balance out your enclosure levels to match your ambient room levels more. Which in your case is far better and healthier then the 75% your getting in the exoterra. What type of gauge are you using to check the humidity level?

Back
Top Bottom