6 Meru & 17 Jacksonii Jacksonii Babies -- PICTURES!!!!

All six Mt. Meru babies are still thriving as they approach the three week mark. Here are some pics from today.

Merubee 3 wks.jpg Merubee.JPG Merubee's.JPG

Today all 21 (yes, twenty-one!) jacksonii jacksonii babies reached the one-week mark. I have yet to see any of them eat but they are drinking and pooping so they MUST be eating, too! Here are some pics from today. Does anyone know how or when I can tell the males from the females since they both have three horns? Thanks!

jj 1.jpg jj 2.jpg jj 3.jpg jj 4.jpg jj 5.jpg

How fun! I love the pictures of the little ones crawling on the screen upside down.
Sounds like you did your research, so I will bet they will do well.
Good job!

HERE IS THE UPDATE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!! I have completely changed my baby raising methods and have not lost a single baby since doing so. I am housing each 7 week-old Mt. Meru baby in its own 8"x8" ExoTerra terrarium and two 5 week-old jacksonii jacksonii (jj) babies in 8"x8" ExoTerra terrariums. Besides one or two babies, each terrarium houses a single, live 4" pothos (or philadendron), apple tree twigs, and a small square container containing a piece of fresh orange which is where the feeders hang out for reptilian selection. Each terrarium is lit by an older UVB light and no heat bulb as it is in the 70's here in Washington State. The babies are eating fruit flies, bean beetles, extra small crickets, and very small silkworms. I feed them 1-3 times a day depending on how many feeders are present in each terrarium. I hand spray each terrarium 2-3 times a day. Some are bigger than others but all seem to be doing well in these enclosures. Pictures attached.
Cham Nursery.jpg
This is my nursery. There are twelve 8"x8" terrarium. Each houses 1 Mt. Meru baby or 2 jacksonii jacksonii babies. The larger terrarium on the bottom shelf used to house the Meru babies; now it just houses plants.
IMG_7448.PNG jj baby IMG_7553.JPG Meru baby
IMG_7566.jpg This Meru looks like it's wrapped in a white sheet! The shed was complete in 15 minutes start to finish.
IMG_7597.JPG IMG_7632.JPG Female Mt. Meru IMG_7650.jpg
IMG_7675.jpg Sleeping jj IMG_7676.JPG Two jj sleeping beauties

I can't believe how big the horns on those little tiny babies are! Great job!

I know! A week ago, I thought I only had one male Mt. Meru in the bunch and then all of the sudden three more sprouted the upper two horns. As for the jacksonii jacksonii, I can't tell them apart yet because both male and female have three horns. The Mt. Meru below is definitely a male.
3 horn.JPG

This is amazing! You've done a fantastic job and should be proud of your successes. BTW, that pic of the baby shedding has GOT to be in a photo contest, because it's the cutest thing I've seen all year!

wow great chams. what is the plant called you have in your left cage? looks like an anthurium to me, but i know those are toxic

Back
Top Bottom