40 dollar enclosure

corona

soon to be panther cham enclosure. i just bought it at the local pet stor they used to keep iguanna's in it. i gotta re screen it clean it out good and add vines ect. this should be a big enough enclosure for a male ankaramy about 13-14 inches right?

Attachments

• 100_3684 (Small).JPG
    100_3684 (Small).JPG
    27 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_3685 (Small).JPG
    100_3685 (Small).JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 126
Cool. I would use a mild bleach solution to clean it out and leave it in your hot Texas sun to cook any other little critters that may lurk about.

If it were my cage, I would take out those shelves and put in a potted plant like a ficus (Home Depot sells them for $40) or cut the shelves so they could hold some plants like pothos or whatever. You can string some vines or the tomoto vine wire that other threads talk about. Place UVB and heat source on top and viola!

How tall is that? It looks to be about 6 feet or so and 2 feet wide?

Also, replace your bottom with something waterproof to help with your dripper and water from the plants and make it flush or add a drain.

there is this great new cleaning product line called Green Works by clorox. I love it for my chams! I use the greenworks all purpose spray. I just spray a bit on a paper towl and go to town on my enclosures. It works great, smells nice (no chemical smells) and uses all natural plant based ingredients. Its very safe for all animals and is a great antibacterial cleaner. You can buy it in any regualr grocery store and its cheaper then most brands, normally around $2.99.

wow! these are some great ideas. this cage is a little over 6ft.x30
'x30. thanx 4 reminding me to set up something to catch the water. i will use the shelves to hold some plants. and ill look 4 the green works.thanx any moore ideas on getting this bad boy goin let me know

Back
Top Bottom