4 insects ...fed enhanced diet...

Is this the "vita" bugs?

My Locale Shop sells "Vita Bugs" crickets, they are pretty expensive... Not sure how much I buy into that.

Is this the "vita" bugs?

My Locale Shop sells "Vita Bugs" crickets, they are pretty expensive... Not sure how much I buy into that.

it appears so

“were obtained from Timberline Live Pet Foods (Marion, IL 62959). Insects fed special diets and marketed for enhanced nutrient content (Vita‐bugs®) were used in this analysis.”

it appears so

“were obtained from Timberline Live Pet Foods (Marion, IL 62959). Insects fed special diets and marketed for enhanced nutrient content (Vita‐bugs®) were used in this analysis.”

Yep, I should read the article, if they really are better. What I do know is they cost more LOL.

like 7 dollars for 40 crickets. That are supposed to be large, and never are, so thats like 1/2 week supply for 1 cham.

Yep, I should read the article, if they really are better. What I do know is they cost more LOL.

lol. Well I can’t say if they are better or not I did get a free box of crickets from them at a show here and they were more lively and lived longer then the ones I buy here.

lol. Well I can’t say if they are better or not I did get a free box of crickets from them at a show here and they were more lively and lived longer then the ones I buy here.

They are very lively, not sure about life span, I only buy a few days in advance.

Intresting read.

“Although not all nutrients (i.e. calcium) can easily be changed these data suggest that the fatty acid composition, vitamin E concentrations, carotenoid content, and perhaps some B‐vitamin concentrations in live insects can be altered by changing the diet fed to the insect while it is actively growing. In many cases, the nutrient content of insects fed enhanced diets closely mimics the nutrient content of wild insects (i.e. vitamin E, carotenoids, and fatty acids profiles).”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom