2 tailed Iguana

Thanks Wendy. You did a good thing bringing Joyce home because Seattle is not a place for a chameleon to live in the winter time. However, Florida is a great place to watch herps. Hubby has lots of pictures of the geckos, curly tails, etc. because he has the better camera for close-ups.

Thanks Wendy. You did a good thing bringing Joyce home because Seattle is not a place for a chameleon to live in the winter time. However, Florida is a great place to watch herps. Hubby has lots of pictures of the geckos, curly tails, etc. because he has the better camera for close-ups.

Yeah, our weather just isn't friendly enough for those guys. My second rescue iguanas, a pair of females, had been thrown outside into the winter in Portland, Oregon, and were in terrible shape when I got them.

Oh, I would love to be able to look out my window and see iguanas and geckos! I was thrilled to death to find a little wild frog on my deck when I planted new flowers this spring, and made a special little froggy bath out there for him so he would still have access to water when it stopped raining. :D

I do have wild birds nesting in my birdhouse right now, though my big macaw keeps shouting at them because those RUDE little birds don't ANSWER HER when she speaks to them!!! "Hey...hi! Hey you, HI!......HEEEEEYYYYY, HIIIIII!!!!!" :rolleyes:

There is nothing special about that iguana other than it's now uglier than before it's tail was severed and mangled causing it to grow back that way. It's certainly not worth your time and effor to catch it and no one would pay you money for it. It would only be valuable if it was a genetic mutation that caused it (and it's offspring) to grow two original tails.

That double tail thing happens all the time with many many species of lizards. I currently have a jeweled lacerta who's tail was partially broken off but not completely. The original tail healed up and is perfectly in tact, but a second tail is now growing from the wound. It used to happen with my geckos too.

My vote is leave the guy alone... it looks like he's been harrassed enough.

Back
Top Bottom