2 female chams

keeping two chams of any species besides pygmy's is always a bad idea...on the exeption of breeding.

Two females can be kept together for only a few months after birth though. mabey up till 4 months or five months old.

After that they cant stand to look at each other and will eventully fight.

Actually earlier than that.
I probably move them to individual cage when they reach about 3 months old.

So, in a gist, yes if they are still under 3 mo.
No, after they reached that age.

Assuming that you are thinking about the common species such as veiled and panther

Last edited:
In my experience, the answer is....it depends. What species? How old/large? How aggressive? What condition are they in? How much are you willing/able to monitor them for normal behaviors as well as negative ones? How large is the cage? How many plants? How many basking sites? There are tons of variables. But, to answer the question, sometimes you can, usually you shouldn't. It depends.

thank you all the viv is 3ft high 3ft wide and 18inch deep their are plenty of plants i have a uv light and a red heat bulb and a heat mat she is very tame and eating well and she is a veiled and 12 months old.

thank you all the viv is 3ft high 3ft wide and 18inch deep their are plenty of plants i have a uv light and a red heat bulb and a heat mat she is very tame and eating well and she is a veiled and 12 months old.

in this case, then I gave a strong no on the idea of putting her in the same cage with other females.

Heat mats and red heat bulbs are usually not recommended for veiled chameleons.
for heat requirement, just use normal incandescent bulb (wattage varies. Buy according to what you need to achieve the optimal basking temp for her).

Unless your temp drops below 50 F, there is no need for heat bulb during the night.
Your veiled benefit from having a 10 degree drop at night.

Absolutely not, no more animals should go in that enclosure.

-Brad

Do you have a place in the cage for her to dig in case she needs to lay eggs? Veileds can lay eggs even though they haven't been mated.

yes i have a tub in there for her which she is actually digging in as we speak as yet she has not had her eggs i have recently put real plants in there which she loves and i was so chuffed toay she took food from my hand :D

Back
Top Bottom