02.22.22 Clutch

OakRocket

Our Nosy Be female laid her clutch today! She laid 19 eggs and seems to be back to her skinny little self after some drinking and crickets. Hoping for some beautiful little chams from these two.

PXL_20220216_155713593.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220129_185925677.PORTRAIT.jpg
02.22.22 Clutch.jpg

Congratulations on the eggs!

You don't keep the make and female in the same cage, do you?

Are you going to incubate the eggs so they are close together like you show in the container?

What temperature are you going to incubate them at? In a dark place?

Congratulations on the eggs!

You don't keep the make and female in the same cage, do you?

Are you going to incubate the eggs so they are close together like you show in the container?

What temperature are you going to incubate them at? In a dark place?

Thank you!

No I do not keep them in the same cage. That picture was taken before removing the male from the female's enclosure after the deed was done.

I was planning on keeping the eggs close together as they are in the container. I do see a lot of people putting the eggs in rows. On the recent Chameleon Academy video I saw Frams Chams with the eggs close together like this. I figured they know what they're doing so I was just following that example.

I also followed the Frams Chams example to keep them in a closet at 72⁰.

This is my first clutch so I've been following the information I can find from experienced sources online. I just want to do what's best for the chams and do things the right way so I'm certainly open to changing things if needed.

You said..."Thank you!"...you're welcome!

You said...."No I do not keep them in the same cage. That picture was taken before removing the male from the female's enclosure after the deed was done."...good to know!

You said..."I was planning on keeping the eggs close together as they are in the container. I do see a lot of people putting the eggs in rows. On the recent Chameleon Academy video I saw Frams Chams with the eggs close together like this. I figured they know what they're doing so I was just following that example"...the main difference between keeping them the way you are compared to them being in rows is that they will likely all hatch together. That shouldn't matter. Something else that could be of concern is what will happen if any of them die off during incubation. I've never done it that way...so I can't be sure if one dying will affect the eggs near it or not.

You said..."I also followed the Frams Chams example to keep them in a closet at 72⁰"...that should be fine.

You said..."This is my first clutch so I've been following the information I can find from experienced sources online. I just want to do what's best for the chams and do things the right way so I'm certainly open to changing things if needed"...good luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom