“service” animal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellacham

EDIT: i am not trying to upset or offend anyone, i’m not even asking for myself i am sending everyone’s response to the person who wanted to know. thank you.

do you guys things it’s possible to make a chameleon into a service animal or an emotion support animal? i know people do that for bearded dragons but like what about chameleons ?

Last edited:
only asking for SOCIAL chameleons!! (not forcing them to be out of cage)
I think if you force the issue, a beta can be an emotional support animal. However, I think forcing such a point for reasons other than the fact that that animal, and only that animal, can provide the kind of requisite support does a serious injustice to all those people and animals out there, who are actually providing this service.

I think if you force the issue, a beta can be an emotional support animal. However, I think forcing such a point for reasons other than the fact that that animal, and only that animal, can provide the kind of requisite support does a serious injustice to all those people and animals out there, who are actually providing this service.

This.

No. A chameleon can never be a service animal as they provide no service to its handler. If a peacock or duck can be an ESA i dont see why a cham cannot, although I think people who do it just to take their pets with them are Grade A a-holes.

My husband has a service animal and a true need for it.

And this.

You can get a piece of paper saying "emotional support animal" with very little effort, particularly in the USA... but that doesn't make it right, and the influx of these false, untrained "service animals" drives me insane.

Chameleons are poorly suited for the role to begin with.

No. A chameleon can never be a service animal as they provide no service to its handler. If a peacock or duck can be an ESA i dont see why a cham cannot, although I think people who do it just to take their pets with them are Grade A a-holes.

My husband has a service animal and a true need for it.

that makes sense! i meant more for like a in-home service animal, if that makes sense? especially because some housing places are against reptiles after you have already gotten them/ after they approved it.

There's no such thing. I'm sorry, but that's just using the existing service animal laws to get around tenancy laws.

I have 3 high maintenance birds and 2 chameleons. Finding a place sucks, I get it, but it is what it is.

Anyone who wants a fake service animal vest or fake ESA paperwork should take a lap around Walter Reed, and tell the quad amputee who is driving a hospital bed with his mouth, on his stomach.... why you justify needing a service animal like he will.
i am not trying to offend anyone, i asked because someone mentioned it to me so i was trying to take everyone else’s thoughts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom