Damn, I wish you a speedy recovery and look it on the bright side, looking at your up growing chameleon all day, yay! That’ll speed up your recovery for sure.
Lots of questions, but one thing I can say, you started of really great, my compliments for that. We’re just trying to tweak things out of experience. Unfortunately you’re dealing with most difficult case, eyes 😅
You’re doing great and will settle in perfectly 👌🏻
Small advice put on the enclosure on a stand or table. The higher, best above your eye level, the better. They normale live in trees high above the ground, that gives them a natural safe feeling. Being so low to the floor stresses him.
Just put in the feeders and leave it there. Observe from a distance and he’ll eat it somewhere during the day. Give him time to settle in. All is new for him and especially so young they’re more stress sensitive.
And at what place and height is the enclosure standing? Is he at eye height with you or higher? Or low to the floor?
Like in the living room there’s a lot of movement in the room, which can stress them and which they need to get used to. For now you’re all a threat to him
For feeders check out Happy Reptile, great website and fast delivery. Personally I think it’s bit stress related due the daily handling. A good thing is he’s eating and the eyes aren’t pulling in. Eye closing is always a difficult issue, and my chams did/do it sometimes for one till a few days...
Personally I love females, they give you another personality than males. And yes they could be more difficult due their egg laying issues, however if husbandry is spot-on it want gives that much of hassle and will even show you natures beauty and the work they put into the laying proces...
Very sorry for your loss😢 Sometimes we can’t control their outcome and of course her age was only a guess, maybe she just passed away due age. Small species have a way shorter lifespan then the larger species.
R.I.P. Eja, little beauty 🙏🏻
This is how I build my enclosure and after 4 years the enclosure ecosystem is just as much fun to look at as the inhabitant itself. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/just-one-more-time-going-for-the-ultimate-build.185998/