Monsoon Broke Already

Yeah you have to make sure that the water level in the monsoon is 3" below the top of the lid, and you have to keep the screw cap, on the top, that you can use to add water, unscrewed so that the moisture can escape. I have been doing those 2 things for almost 2 years and never have had a problem of it not working.

I should have listened to all of you. My monsoon, that i've had for only 2 weeks, broke already. The power wont even turn on to it. I know you guys said it was crap but i thought i would last longer then 2 weeks. Im gonna try and get my money back for it and just buy a MistKing.

Do the tubing and connectors/Misting heads for the monsoon work for the MistKing?

My wife is always saying to me,"you always have to buy the best!" Yes,I do!! You get what you pay for! Buy the best, and you get the best...

You might be overdoing it a little bit.. on your pocket at least.. 2 sprayer nozzles per cage should be fine.. the extra nozzles won't hurt anything but 2 will definitely cover your whole cage.. hell I've seen people only use one even for the xl cages.. I personally like 2 though..

All you really need for 2 cages is the starter kit which is only $100, then 3 extra T misting assembly fittings.. and probably a little extra hose... the starter can support up to 10 nozzles

the starter kit does not come with the zip drip and I definitely want that.

I run the system without the zip drip and to be honest the nozzles are top notch and after spraying maybe 1 or 2 drops is all that drops of them.. the zip drip is I guess more of a luxury.. it's not needed but it's a cool add on

I was expecting the system with out the zip drip to drip a lot, but it doesn't. As stated above 1-2 drips post misting is all I see too. I only have two nozzles running at a time so I wonder if its more useful (zip drip) for multiple nozzles for multiple enclosures.

Monsoon rs 400 still working well

Yeah you have to make sure that the water level in the monsoon is 3" below the top of the lid, and you have to keep the screw cap, on the top, that you can use to add water, unscrewed so that the moisture can escape. I have been doing those 2 things for almost 2 years and never have had a problem of it not working.
Mine is working perfectly for over 6 months. No open top. Good pressure to over 6' high sprays very well. Plus I bought it on a good sale in a store. Much cheaper and faster than the Mist King. Which was my first choice from reading all the report here on this forum.
I liked that it was so compact in a neat unit. I wonder if there is a way to waterproof the electronics aftermarket.
Sorry to hear some of them are having problems. They do say never let it run dry or overfill it.
Greg

Mine is working perfectly for over 6 months. No open top. Good pressure to over 6' high sprays very well. Plus I bought it on a good sale in a store. Much cheaper and faster than the Mist King. Which was my first choice from reading all the report here on this forum.
I liked that it was so compact in a neat unit. I wonder if there is a way to waterproof the electronics aftermarket.
Sorry to hear some of them are having problems. They do say never let it run dry or overfill it.
Greg

Keep you fingers crossed and "knock on wood"....:eek:;)

Just by saying that you probably jinxd the darn thing!

My first one lasted just about 6-7 mo.

It was under warranty so I contacted them and then paid $$ to ship it back.

Finally after 4 -5 weeks or so , they send me another one that supposedly had the issues corrected.
It lasted ONLY 3 mo.

I demanded another one (since the dang thing never lasted a year total.) but they totally ignored my requests and never responded at all to me after that.
( And I was a good consumer and nice and polite with them too boot, not a jerk or anything.)

Needless to say, Hagen (who Exo Terra really is) is on my s#^T list.

They know the product is totally shoddy and SHOULD have done something by now in the past 3+ years to fix it.

Or maybe they get them made so cheap overseas they can just leave it "as is" and factor in replacing a high percentage of the units twice and still make money.
They just factor it in the cost of doing business with that item and figure folks will keep buying them because they "look" so damn good.

Cheers
Todd

PS
LightYourReptiles.com does not sell exo terra. We dropped it and will not pick it up again.
Its not that they have a product with "bugs" in it...
that can unfortunately happen to the best of us...
It is the fact they don't fix the bugs and keep selling a product *for years* knowing it has severe built in "planned obsolescence" that really puts me off.

Last edited:
new member here! ive had the monsoon for a moth and its running fine (thank god). im running 3 nozzles so i can hit all my vines leaves to make sure my female veiled gets plenty of options to drink. im definitely going to take the advice to leave the cap off and i never fill it up past half anyway. ive also looked into the mist king system and am going to get the $189 version +1 nozzle so i can eventually run 2 enclosures when i eventually get a panther. i agree 2 nozzles per area is all you need. ive had my cham for about 3 months and she is extremely healthy, ive lurked for quite some time seeing what you all have to say and am finally starting to post.

I had two.

First one I purchased. It did not last long and the damn top filled with water. I found the problem to be something with the water from the tubing would end up doing a back flow into the pump area. Something in there is not sealed correctly or wears out with use.

After it died I was given one by somebody who re-homed their animals. It too did not last long.

After seeing so many other people calling it crap I'm just stunned anybody would still buy one or try to support them.

It is a bunch of crap, you should be able to fill it up as high as it can be. I want to like the product but it does have its issues that it shouldn't.

I have and love the pro mist pm-60. Has a 4 year pump warrenty, can run 25 nozzles, includes 14 cycle electronic timer, 25 feet 1/4' of kink free tubing and includes 2 pm-mnh nozzles. I love the nozzles are able to be taken apart and cleaned if there's a clog, instead of having to replace. Ultra fine mist too. $179.00 plus I got 15 extra pm-mnh nozzles for about 12$ each. Simple set up, and expandable for cham addicts like myself who had 2 chams when I ordered it and now have 8!

Yeah if you're going to spend up to $150 on the monsoon might as well buy an aquazamp or mistking.

Ya I only spent $100 with 4 extra nozzles and all the connections and everything for the monsoon. If it was the same price as the mistking, I obviously would have got the mistking. you get what you pay for tho

Back
Top Bottom