Husbandry Review For Male Panther

I don’t have a solar meter but it’s a reptisun T5HO 5.0 in the Repti sun hood
Ok so you will lift the fixture 4 measured inches off the screen top. Then you want to add in a flukers vine or branch so that it sits 5 inches below the screen below the UVB light. Not only will this help him get down but it will be the right distance for a uvi of 3 at the vine/branch and then on the screen he will not be in over exposure levels with it lifted 4 inches.

I will get the uvb raised, but in the meantime the good thing is that he ate 14 bugs today! It was only the BSFL that he ate although I provided other options for him

So I have the UVB raised like you said earlier, but how much should I raise the heat?
I typically keep heat raised up at least 4 inches. Depends on how hot it is at the screen and at the branches below. It should not burn your hand if you hold it to the screen.

But is it ok to get a heat light that looks like this

Attachments

• IMG_1445.png
    IMG_1445.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 15
So, since he’s only eating the BSFL (I’ve only had him for 2 days, but just wondering), should I feed less of those and more dubia, or is it not that big of a deal since BSFL are basically superfoods

So, since he’s only eating the BSFL (I’ve only had him for 2 days, but just wondering), should I feed less of those and more dubia, or is it not that big of a deal since BSFL are basically superfoods
I personally would feed more bsfl and less dubia but that’s just me.

Oh ok, thanks!:)
What was he eating prior to you getting him? Most are raised on crickets which means you will have to have what they are used to. Then you mix in other new feeders like dubia they then learn by targeting them with the crickets that is something they want to eat.

Is it more acceptable to feed more treat bugs with a 4.5 month old chameleon than it would be for an adult?
I personally wouldn’t. It would be similar to feeding your child mostly junk food. They are growing and need all the healthy nutrients that they can get to grow up big and strong.

Plus if they mostly eat the junk bugs then there is a high likely hood they may eventually only eat those bugs.

I feed all my chameleons Monday, Wednesday, and Friday healthy staple feeder bugs. Saturday is my treat bug day so today my Jackson’s got 3 wax worms, my panther got 3 supers and my veiled got 2 bsfl (I know this isn’t a treat but that’s what she got just the same). I also hand feed my treat bugs so my chameleons connect with me with something special every week so hopefully it helps build some trust.

Is it more acceptable to feed more treat bugs with a 4.5 month old chameleon than it would be for an adult?
I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve... If you are working with them and trust building by hand feeding then feeding 3-4 waxworms a day this way is nothing when you look at their overall food intake of other feeders. I use waxworms as my example because this is how I have always taught them to hand feed and it is a fattier feeder that I would not use as a staple. To this day it is Beman's favorite although he hardly ever gets them.

So he still is very dark a decent amount of the time and up against the light even though his basking temp is 80 degrees. Do I need to raise the temps at all even though his ambient temps are in the 70s?

Back
Top Bottom