Idea for Dripper Bottle

ok I have the complete reservoir inlet for my container that will go on top of the cage. I have the on/off line valve from mistking to put on the dripper line.

So I run this second line splitting off my main line for the dripper container. I put the on/off valve on that line. I have the reservoir inlet hooked into my bottle. So the line will connect to that. And then I am guessing I put tiny holes in the bottom of the bottle thing I am using (its more of a square plastic nut container). Now do I have to put any other holes into this for pressure?

ok I have the complete reservoir inlet for my container that will go on top of the cage. I have the on/off line valve from mistking to put on the dripper line.

So I run this second line splitting off my main line for the dripper container. I put the on/off valve on that line. I have the reservoir inlet hooked into my bottle. So the line will connect to that. And then I am guessing I put tiny holes in the bottom of the bottle thing I am using (it’s more of a square plastic nut container). Now do I have to put any other holes into this for pressure?
If you put 3 drip holes on the bottom you should put an equal amount of holes on the top for air displacement. Super super simple. I’ll draw a diagram

Attachments

• 3BF6524D-72A2-4BBD-8131-78FAD579595B.jpeg
    3BF6524D-72A2-4BBD-8131-78FAD579595B.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 33
If you put 3 drip holes on the bottom you should put an equal amount of holes on the top for air displacement. Super super simple. I’ll draw a diagram
Ok so would I have to have a check valve? I have my inlet for the water coming into the top of my container then holes on the bottom to drip through the screen.

This is what I have put together for the container. And my line that I will then tie into the main line will hook to this. I will have the on/off valve on the line going to this reservoir.

Attachments

• IMG_8452.jpeg
    IMG_8452.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 29
Ok so would I have to have a check valve? I have my inlet for the water coming into the top of my container then holes on the bottom to drip through the screen.
Without a check valve the water will just run out of the bottle back down the tubing due to gravity and a siphon effect.

This is what I have put together for the container. And my line that I will then tie into the main line will hook to this. I will have the on/off valve on the line going to this reservoir.
Poke some holes in that lid for air displacement. Looks excellent!

Thank you... Now as long as I don't flood the back of my cage from letting it over fill I should be good. :LOL:
And that’s just a matter of maybe having a large enough container where that’s not a problem. If this container isn’t working out try a longer flatter container that holds a higher volume of water, and make adjustments with your valve. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom