Husbandry Review For Male Panther

Like he is here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 20
Like he is here
How long have you had him now? It is extremely common for them to hang on the ceiling under the UVB lighting when they are this young. It is the highest point in the cage and where he feels safest right now. My worry would be having the heat fixture on the screen it may need to be lifted up off the top depending on how hot that screen is.

Ya I have had him since Wednesday. That fixture that I have the heat in is a deep dome one with a 60 W exo terra bulb (the one you recommended earlier) I was checking temps with it 1-3 in above the screen and it was barely getting to the basking temp of 80 that was suggested. I have a PID thermostat set to 80 degrees so that it will turn off if the basking spot gets above 80. Even when I put my hand up to the screen it’s not a very strong heat, so I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to raise it or not.

Ya I have had him since Wednesday. That fixture that I have the heat in is a deep dome one with a 60 W exo terra bulb (the one you recommended earlier) I was checking temps with it 1-3 in above the screen and it was barely getting to the basking temp of 80 that was suggested. I have a PID thermostat set to 80 degrees so that it will turn off if the basking spot gets above 80. Even when I put my hand up to the screen it’s not a very strong heat, so I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to raise it or not.
So you want to leave your hand sitting right on the screen below it. IF your hand after 5 minutes still feels good then you should be ok to have it on the screen. One thing that can help manage temps is get corrugated plastic sheets from home depot or lowes. These are really easy to cut to size. Then you will put a panel on the back and then the side panel that has the heat near it. This will help create a gradient of heat rather than losing it through the screen. You can attach the panels to the outside cage frame with the command Velcro strips then you are able to pull them off and on the cage if you need to.

I have the window sealer film on it already, is that something that you put on top of that or should I use the other stuff instead of the film

But also I don’t understand why he is so dark because the temps are where they should be with the basking spot at 80 and then everywhere else mid 70s

I have the window sealer film on it already, is that something that you put on top of that or should I use the other stuff instead of the film
Oh then you are ok. :) I like the corrugated plastic because it blocks their view. I find that these panels can make them feel more secure.
But also I don’t understand why he is so dark because the temps are where they should be with the basking spot at 80 and then everywhere else mid 70s
He is still adjusting to his new space... Color is not only based on temps. It can be stress as well.

Back
Top Bottom