Comparative Lighting Study

Hi Mike,

Our eyes can not see UV A, but the animals can,
UV A/B bulbs in general all will seem less bright.

Probably why my cham was freaked out when I first set up the new fixture. She could see for the first time in six months.:p

On another note, I noticed that the 6500K bulb was really black on the ends before the test. Next day it was burnt out. Is there a local source like one of the big box stores you can buy these? And, I know that they are supposed to last longer than that. Maybe I got a defective one.

The Arcadia still looks new, no darkening near the ends.

Agreed, I once had some parts made by an ISO certified machine shop where none of the parts were in spec, and half were completely unusable. The defects were obvious to the naked eye, no micrometers needed. After a lengthy process of recovering my money, I invested in some metal working tools and now make that same part myself.

Before I hired them, their main sales pitch was that they were ISO 9000 certified and they had the paperwork to prove it. :rolleyes:

What kind of metal working tools I work in a machine shop and love it. I hope to start buying some of my own( a welder, plasma, small lathe and a used Bridgeport.

Back
Top Bottom