New to thread and Chameleon World, Check my setup out!

Alright for lighting I am looking at 36inch dual t5 fixture. 1 bulb around the 6400k for plants and the other bulb the 5.0 UVB. This should be perfect for what I need. Still need advice on ceramic bulb for heat. Temp in house drops pretty low at night. Figured I would place the t5 fixture towards the front of the tank and have the ceramic bulb behind it in the middle.
Also what you guys think about this? http://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Monsoon-Rainfall-System/dp/B004G62868
Thought?? :)

Honestly,if you're gonna go the route of a mist system, look into this for not much more money. Really nice misting setup

Don't get a monsoon. Heard a lot of members complaining. Mist king is the top one to get, everyone seems to be very happy with it. I purchased a Climist. It was recommended by Bruce from Chameleon Paradise where I purchased my Panther. It was 99$ from Coastal Silkworms. I've been very happy with it. Your enclosure looks great. My only comment would be that one stick that goes to the ceiling. When you get your Cham you want to be careful if he perches right up there. He might get burned from the lights. You want your guys back to be about 4 to 8 inches from the heat bulb. Closer than 4 he might burn. Farther than 8 and the UVB drops. If you are getting lights from Todd I believe some of them reach a bit farther with the UVB. I agree with Nick, it's great to see someone starting out the right way before you get your Cham.

Thanks again everyone. I am a big believer of research and proper time and money on animals that require a good amount of attention. I will probably move that branch to a lower spot then. So because our cham enclosures have a lot in them do you let your cham hunt crickets or do you target feed more?

I let my guy hunt as much as possible. Silk and hornworms I either hand feed or I place them in different spots around the screen. Roaches I feed with big tweezers. I tried to-release one at a time for him to hunt but he just stared at them or ran away. Green banana roaches I release a few at a time. They flutter and fly a bit so he goes right for them. He loves to hunt anything that flies. Blue bottle flies are a favorite. I also get a few wild caught butterflies and dragonflies. When he was smaller he ate Phoenix worms out of a cup. Not really any other way to feed them. He doesn't really seem interested in them anymore since he's a bit bigger. Cricket I dumped a while back. They die off super quick and they stink to high heaven. I would just buy small amounts locally so I wouldn't have to deal with the smell as much. I never thought I'd prefer to keep roaches. I recently started keeping stuck bugs. He seems to like those a lot. The name of the game with chameleons is variety, variety, variety. My Cham gets bored easily.

hopefully soon (waiting on paycheck) I am going to a 36in dual t5 fixture with 6500k bulb and a 5.0 uvb bulb. Can I set directly on my enclosure or how high should it be elevated?

Anyone have any links for DIY mister/dripper? Gonna post pics soon of my enclosure. Had to remove everything to create a drain system.

Now with drainage system!

Took everything out and cut out drainage holes at the bottom catch tray. Then I lined with a rubber mat and made sure that the center is the lowest center of gravity. No matter where you pour water it drains to the center :)

still trying to figure out a DIY drip/mist system along with the perfect lighting system

Back
Top Bottom