Finished Cage. Would love feedback

Rasta

Hello Cham heads!

After 3 long months of research and building, I have finally finished Rastas new cage! Just wanted to thank you all for the information I have gathered on these forums.

The frame is a cabinet I found off FB market in which I applied several layers of flex seal on. The width is 6 inches short of an XL cage but I made up for it for building an extension in the back that goes over 30” to make up for the width. I have zoomed 24” T5 hood with 5.0 bulb, reptizoo 5.5 heat dome with automatic temp adjustment, 70w heat bulb, and Arcadia jungle plant LED light. All plants and branches are natural & Cham safe, and the bottom plastic grid on both tiers are painted with acrylic base low VOC green paint. I manually mist and have a fogger that goes off from 1-5 and will probably adjust as the summer is coming. The back extension is covered with coconut husk and to avoid mold I installed retizoo anti humidity fan that blows air out of the cage. The right side is covered with acrylic plastic and the front door and left side is All mesh.

Would LOVE feedback good or bad .. all I want is the best for my Rasta ❤️💛💚🦎

Photos

Attachments

• IMG_3294.jpeg
    IMG_3294.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3731.jpeg
    IMG_3731.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3756.jpeg
    IMG_3756.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4182.jpeg
    IMG_4182.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4184.jpeg
    IMG_4184.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4086.jpeg
    IMG_4086.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 9
Looks legit. How is it with holding the humidity?
The back extension reaches 100% with the fogger throughout the night but he likes to sleep towards the front door which is less humid so… Idk he knows it’s more humid in the back but he won’t sleep back there. During the day it stays around 50-60%

Looks great! I see the towel…how are you managing excess drainage?
Thank you!y original plan was to find a drain pan but I need very specific dimensions that is sold no where so I’m probably just going to make one. Towel is doing fine so far I wash/dry it every week

Thank you!y original plan was to find a drain pan but I need very specific dimensions that is sold no where so I’m probably just going to make one. Towel is doing fine so far I wash/dry it every week
You could try to find some pond liner and fashion it into a ‘tray’ shape. Might be a bit tidier than the towel.

Back
Top Bottom