New to Panther and forum. Beginner question

Calval24

Hi there. I just got this Panther. Did a lot of research before so I could provide the best for him. Right now he is in a 16x16x20. With some live plants. Is this set up ok? And will I have to get a bigger cage, when, and what size?
image.jpeg

As your research should have told you, yeah, a bigger cage will be needed.

24 x 24 x 48 is the minimum size required for a male Panther.

Cage looks pretty good for now, but I would add more plants for cover and a few more horizontal and vertical climbing branches and vines.

As your research should have told you, yeah, a bigger cage will be needed.

24 x 24 x 48 is the minimum size required for a male Panther.

Cage looks pretty good for now, but I would add more plants for cover and a few more horizontal and vertical climbing branches and vines.
Ok I will go out and get some more branches for him to climb on. Thank you!!!

cool. should be good to go!
When you add the extra branches, try to add some cover to them. Plants and or vines. This will make him/her feel secure while he/she is up there.

One more question!! Do you guys know about when I should start seeing color from the chameleon? I think he is about a month or so old.

Is this a better set up? OR is more foliage needed? Seems like he is having a hard time finding the lil crickets and fruit flies any suggestions? Tried a cup but he didn't seem interested from eating out of a cup.
image.jpeg

Should remove the substrate if his feeders are free roaming. Feeders can hide in there, and cham can ingest substrate while trying to eat a feeder off of the bottom.

If you are worried about him eating, I would put some in a cup and just let it be for a day or so..

Back
Top Bottom