Dax - Panther Chameleon

naterowley

Established Member
Hi everyone!

For those of you following Andrew's thread, I had been working on adopting one of the chameleons for a little while now. During this time, some unfortunate circumstances happened, delayed the process and now we are here! I should be getting him tomorrow / Wednesday!

Starting out and chatting with Andrew, I had bought a new enclosure to get ready for him and I got to do a lot of the things I wanted to change with my last enclosure.

I plan on adding details of all the things I did differently, but starting out this thread I want to start with where I'm at in the new enclosure. This is a reptibreeze hybrid conversion. The thing I'm MOST pumped for is the acrylic door that the screen was removed from and piece of acrylic was put in its place. The was one of my least fav things with the conversion, the window film made it ugly from the outside and just not appealing. Secondly I no longer have permanent bamboo poles throughout AND I have proper drainage setup!

I got my setup at what im 90% ish happy with but looking for any feedback or ideas, specifically a plant idea for the very bottom to cover the drainage hole that seems to be working well but that little baby pothos just prob won't cut it down there at least for now.

Here is Dax's enclosure waiting for his arrival, again any feedback, suggestions etc would be appreciated so he can utilize the space to his best! The stuff on bottom obviously won't be there just scraps lol

I want more plants but not sure how to do it without not be able to move in there and making sure all the plants get the right light, the plants will grow in over time, I've also tested UVI and heat / misting etc

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7135.jpeg
    IMG_7135.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 23
That looks wonderful! Dax is going to be very happy there. 🥰 A plant for the bottom might be kind of tough as it will mostly be in the shade. I would say get another baby pothios or two and put them together in a larger pot. As they grow upwards, their leaves will be larger than usual.

Okay I’m saying this is officially 1.0 of the enclosure by posting this! I have back up big boy pothos in my window so I just swapped out the baby one for big boy and it looks way better! And makes some great coverage down low! Too! Thank You @MissSkittles for the suggestion! All my misting was tested again, fogging, basking and UVI a final time before tomorrow when he comes home! Can’t wait to share pics!

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom