Free panther chameleon egg

Cynthiacj

Would it be OK for me to use this forum to offer up a free panther chameleon egg? Hatch date runs from Mar 4th through July. I purchased at the Northwest show but the more I educate myself, the more I realize I don't have the bandwidth to provide the care this little one deserves. Local pickup only in the Seattle area. I also have a brand new cage to sell at cost. If this forum is not appropriate, any suggestions for an appropriate site. Cynthia

I am super anxious that the little one will hatch at an unexpected time which is why I am looking for someone who can pick up in the next week. If I had the time and expertise, I would certainly be keeping it. I am currently incubating in a dark but warmish enclosed area (with some humidity)

Can you briefly share with me your experience? I want to be sure to place him in a good home (although no guarantee of sex and hatch date). Estimated to be between March 4 all the way to July.

I have a panther and veiled , ambilobe and piebald . Im about to start breeding panthers , i also have a female ambilobe coming in tomorrow lol . I live in everett any way we can meet somewhere or how exactly are you keeping the egg if you dont mind me asking ? And what locale is it ?

Hello,
I am keeping the egg in the container setup in which it came including a damp sponge (moisten once per month). I can give you the name of the breeder if you wish. I am maintaining the temp at around 70+ degrees, wrapped in a towel to maintain warmth and keeping it covered. Photos attached. I am actually struggling as I am already attached and so want to raise it (I am an odd one!). I live in the Issaquah area. And yes we can meet somewhere...My son lives in North Seattle (Lake City). That might be a nice midway location. Cynthia

Attachments

• panther chameleon eggg.png
    panther chameleon eggg.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • papa.jpg
    papa.jpg
    671.2 KB · Views: 15
Yea im not gonna lie ive bought from him before and learned from other breeders that hes not that trust worthy and stuff . I mean hopefully the egg pays off but just a few people have all told me the same thing about him .

The egg is fine. No charge. I am rehoming to someone who will take good care of the hatchling. Still have trepidation as I would love to raise it myself but fear I don't have the bandwidth to do it properly.

Ok , sorry if i offended . I did not mean too , i mean if you want ill still take care of it and hatch it and everything 🤷🏾‍♂️

The egg is fine. No charge. I am rehoming to someone who will take good care of the hatchling. Still have trepidation as I would love to raise it myself but fear I don't have the bandwidth to do it properly.
Just to chime in here.... I think if this is outside your comfort level then you are doing the right thing. I have been in the hobby over 5 years and there is no way I would take on an egg much less a hatchling. They are just way too fragile. Should you want to get a chameleon in the future you want to go with a reputable breeder that sells them no younger than 3 months old. :) Let us know if you ever want info on breeders we would recommend.

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the honest feedback. I need to move forward with rehoming the little one.
It seems one of the members commented above about taking it. Maybe private message them with your contact details. click their name and then in the pop up click start conversation. Fill in your title of the convo and then the body of the message. This way only they will have your details.

Im in the area , any way you can hold him till he hatches and i pick him up ?
I
Just to chime in here.... I think if this is outside your comfort level then you are doing the right thing. I have been in the hobby over 5 years and there is no way I would take on an egg much less a hatchling. They are just way too fragile. Should you want to get a chameleon in the future you want to go with a reputable breeder that sells them no younger than 3 months old. :) Let us know if you ever want info on breeders we would recommend.

@beaman
Thanks again for your helpful and kind feedback. I did end up rehoming the egg to an experienced keeper. I would be interested in recommended breeders if and when I feel confident I can provide a wonderful home. Searching for male Ambilobe panther baby. I continue to do further research and ongoing ed

Back
Top Bottom