NEW Dragon Strand Clear Side! AKA Beman's Mansion!

For anyone who reads through this thread later on. Here is my update. After a Vet visit to check Beman's health I was told to remove all the exo terra fake vines. My vet said that they are not good on their feet and they do not dry out completely therfor creating an area where bacteria can grow . She also said that they are a risk because if they rub their eyes on them pieces of the vines can get stuck in their eyes.

Over half of the 15 exo terra fake vines I had in there were falling apart in places. To the point where the material was actually coming off in large 1-2 inch pieces.

I used branches off the trees out back that I cut yesterday and I went and bought the natural willow branches. I also got some bamboo rods to attach vertically to the dragon ledges to make them stronger since that is the recommended use for them and in doing so it gave me additional attaching areas. He now has 4 different pothos in there and I have the vines from them held in place with tiny zip ties. So he can crawl all along them too.

newcage4.JPG newcage1.JPG newcage2.JPG newcage3.JPG

Looks really nice! I have an atrium coming at the end of the month. Im excited!

I use Flukers vines and they dont have any bits that break up. They look great too and are very inexpensive on amazon. They are foam, though, which I’m sure isnt the most sanitary.

Looks really nice! I have an atrium coming at the end of the month. Im excited!

I use Flukers vines and they dont have any bits that break up. They look great too and are very inexpensive on amazon. They are foam, though, which I’m sure isnt the most sanitary.
Congrats! Very fun getting these fabulous enclosures!
Yeah I got some of those as well at first but when I tried to bend them they all cracked dropping yellow foam from them so I went with the eco terra ones. Spent a fortune on fake vines and such. Just threw them all away. I wish I would have just gone with wood. It was only $40 for me to buy the willow branches at michaels crafts. And I can actually scrub them off to clean without worrying.

Which exo terra vines? The rough black ones? Or any paddedish onees?
The rough black ones are the ones I removed that were falling a part in places. She said real wood is always better not only for the Cham but for cleaning everything off.

For anyone who reads through this thread later on. Here is my update. After a Vet visit to check Beman's health I was told to remove all the exo terra fake vines. My vet said that they are not good on their feet and they do not dry out completely therfor creating an area where bacteria can grow . She also said that they are a risk because if they rub their eyes on them pieces of the vines can get stuck in their eyes.

Over half of the 15 exo terra fake vines I had in there were falling apart in places. To the point where the material was actually coming off in large 1-2 inch pieces.

I used branches off the trees out back that I cut yesterday and I went and bought the natural willow branches. I also got some bamboo rods to attach vertically to the dragon ledges to make them stronger since that is the recommended use for them and in doing so it gave me additional attaching areas. He now has 4 different pothos in there and I have the vines from them held in place with tiny zip ties. So he can crawl all along them too.

View attachment 227731View attachment 227732View attachment 227733View attachment 227734
I think that’s what got stuck in Imelda’s eye. She had the vines in her old cage and they were falling apart.

Congrats! Very fun getting these fabulous enclosures!
Yeah I got some of those as well at first but when I tried to bend them they all cracked dropping yellow foam from them so I went with the eco terra ones. Spent a fortune on fake vines and such. Just threw them all away. I wish I would have just gone with wood. It was only $40 for me to buy the willow branches at michaels crafts. And I can actually scrub them off to clean without worrying.
I've been looking everywhere trying to figure out where you got those branches! I work right next to a Michael's, picking some up tomorrow! What did you find is the best way to attach them to the enclosure?

I've been looking everywhere trying to figure out where you got those branches! I work right next to a Michael's, picking some up tomorrow! What did you find is the best way to attach them to the enclosure?
Yeah so I got mine at Michaels in their floral section. They have really long ones that come in a 3pack and 3 foot ones that I believe came in a 5 pack. I bought both but made sure I had different dimensions in width to them. I attached all mine to the dragon ledges with zip ties then took a razor blade to cut the left over zip tie off clean with no sharp points left on them. I got all different sized zip ties as well. All vertical ones that I attached to the ledges first I attached using 2 ties in an x pattern so that they are super secure. :)

Oh and lay in your branches farthest to the back of cage first or you will feel like Gumby trying to maneuver between them lol

It sucks I had no clue that they could be dangerous. :(
Oh dear. Geo’s set up is 90 percent those vines! I guess I’m gonna have to get a better enclosure that you can mount branches to. The exo terra vines were sooo convenient. I had 4 of every size wrapped in that thing...... this is gonna get expensive.....

Back
Top Bottom