Nat Just Passed away :(

Raymond1412

Established Member
Hello everyone, I'm sure you might know me from a couple of days ago when I was trying to troubleshoot how I should go about trying to get Nat to eat. But this morning, I was looking for her, and It turns out, that she fell down from her branch and died 😭 I'm not sure if it was early morning today or late last night, but since she was so tiny, I would not have been able to hear her fall down. I just don't know what I am doing wrong, this is my second chameleon since August, and they both died. My vet says that my husbandry is really good, and I just don't know if I should even get another chameleon if they just keep dying :( It breaks my heart to see them on the ground, dead. Nat will forever be in our hearts!!

I am so sorry to hear this. Baby chameleons have to have their husbandry on point because they do not have any reserves in their body to fall back on if things are not perfect in their environment. Take your time and grieve. If you do choose to get another chameleon I would suggest sanitizing your enclosure and all equipment in case there are parasites and maybe doing a full husbandry review here to ensure your set up is correct. Then I would recommend running your set up for a minimum of 1 week to ensure you have everything down perfectly before getting another cham. As far as the cham goes I strongly recommend getting one from a reputable breeder, while your relationship with the seller ends typcially at the pet store, your relationship with a breeder is just starting when you purchase your cham. They are there to walk you through any quesitons, concerns, and adjustments you may need to make to have your chameleon be healthy and thrive becasue they want their babies to do well. You'll also need to make sure that you purchase a well started juvenile not a baby.

Sending you a virtual hug, its never easy losing a pet. ❤️

Aww, thank you for this!! I have spent months looking for Veiled Chameleon breeders, and I couldn't find any in my area. I saw on one of the Forums here that it is okay to get one from a pet store if you have no other option. I didn't want to get one from a pet store, but it didn't seem like I would find a breeder anytime soon. It is weird that Veiled chameleons are one of the most popular breeds, but you can't find any breeders? I would actually prefer to get a Juvenile chameleon, they are not as fragile or picky. It's going to take me a while to figure out what I want to do. Everyone on here is so kind!!

Sad that your cham passed. They're not easy pets and when things go wrong there's not much time cure them. RIP Nat.

So sorry about your loss. I hop the next time thing go better.
Keep them in your heart and memories.

Although you gave us quite a bit of information already, the husbandry review might help if you give enough detail.
Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom