My prospective enclosure

Whew, I think I am done for today, I gave this enclosure about 8 hours of my full attention today. Its come a long way, I even spot welded some ledged to the sides at different levels for him to hang on.

I think Im ready for a animal to take residence :)

How you going to keep crickets in?

That's been asked and that's easy, the Panther that I plan on getting has been container/bowl trained to eat, I expect some strays, but for the most part they should stay in the enclosure on the leaves but If needs I may wrap mesh or screen around the bottom section. Due to all the other Reptiles and Amphibians that I have now, Its not uncommon for a few crickets to be roaming around my house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Im ready for occupancy, all temps and lighting are good, foliage is good, perchs and climbing ledges are in and secure, Drip system is in, Ill hand ist for now until I get my auto mister and Ill add a few more vines later.

final_zpsaefc5796.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is where I'm at, my enclosure is 100% complete and all the levels are great so I set out to pick up my Panther that I've been looking at and visiting for several weeks. As I am looking at him through the cage a lady approaches me and asks. " are you looking to buy a new lizard? " I replied, "yes, I am here to buy this Panther right here." The women commences to tell me that she has a 5 month old female Veiled that she will give me for free, I admit I was interested. Long story short, I adopted this female 5 month old veiled from this women that my niece named Polly. I held her briefly in the women's car and she looks great and seems very happy so I brought her home yesterday at 11:30 am. Once home I held her again briefly and again she seemed perfectly fine with me and she looks happy. I placed her in her enclosure and she immediately climbed up the tube for the dripper and that's where she remains since yesterday, almost 30 straight hours. She hasn't moved, eat or drank. She watches me when I come near her, she's very alert but she just wont come down.

I am assuming that its stress from the move and she will eventually come down.

My only real concern is she wont eat from the cup or my hand and she hasn't drank.

I know from other Reptile that I own, let them be for a week or so, my only real concern is she wont eat from the cup or my hand and she hasn't drank.

Do you agree, she's probably just stressed?

She is beautiful! Congrats! Little girls are the sweetest! She probably is just terrified with all new people and a new home. She should settle in in a few days. She is coming up on the age when a laying bin should be in her enclosure at all times. I'm attaching a few links about egg laying and the laying bin.
How to keep a female veiled: http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html
Egg laying and the laying bin: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment2073
How to make a laying bin: https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

She looks pretty good and may just be stressed, you sure she is 5 months? Her tummy is pretty large, I would get a kaying bin asap in case she is gravid, can you see if she is gravid. Nice looking girl you got.

She looks pretty good and may just be stressed, you sure she is 5 months? Her tummy is pretty large, I would get a kaying bin asap in case she is gravid, can you see if she is gravid. Nice looking girl you got.

Ha Ha...I am simply going by what this women told me. A laying bin? Crap, I need to get reading, I had no plans on getting a veiled let alone a female.

I use a 12" diameter, 12" tall bucket with 75% organic soil and 25% clean playsand. I then moisten it so it keeps shape. You don't want your little girls tunnels collapsing.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I got a nice bucket filled with organic soil and sand, I also put a small plant in it like the video said and placed it in the bottom of her enclosure.

Now, will she find it on her own?:confused:

I also bought a small hanging Potho, looks sweet.

This does not look like a comfortable position but I guess it is for Polly.

She doing well, I have not seen her eat since Ive had her (5 days now) but Im not too concerned yet as shes shedding.

They should usually find the lay bin. With one or two females I have had to show them the dirt was there. I have also had Chams not use the bucket and use a plant.

Back
Top Bottom