My prospective enclosure

Have you looked into what plants you will get to fill this in?

Chase

Yes, I have looked at all the plant species that is posted and recommended by you guys but I just haven't made the decision yet, I plan on getting a sub adult - adult Panther so I'm looking for sturdy vegitation, I also want to create many climbing areas and levels for him. I want to run some type of climbing/wandering plants to the back and or sides also, I will head to my local Nursery soon to look around.

Do you have any suggestions?

Look for a thick Schefflera aboricola. I've had the best experience with them.

However being that it's so big, I'd look at some Pothos to fill in the extra space.

Chase

Look for a thick Schefflera aboricola. I've had the best experience with them.

However being that it's so big, I'd look at some Pothos to fill in the extra space.

Chase

Let me ask this, they both look fragile, will they be sturdy enough to hold an adult and, should I get a "main" type of tree for the center like a Rubber Tree or Fichus as the focal point and then surround that with others

Let me ask this, they both look fragile, will they be sturdy enough to hold an adult and, should I get a "main" type of tree for the center like a Rubber Tree or Fichus as the focal point and then surround that with others

I've used them with Veileds, Verrucosus, and Quadricornis with no problem. Personally I'd use a ficus (between the two choices you gave). But once the Schefflera get fairly large, they're sturdy.

By the way when you go to the nursery ask if they'll replant them. I don't now if they're like the nke I work at, but we load up the plants with fertilizer.

Chase

Usually I have just one plant in my screen enclosure, but that's because it fills the enclosure. In your case I would get a couple different plants to fill it up. If you have proper lighting, a hibiscus is a good choice too.

Chase

Usually I have just one plant in my screen enclosure, but that's because it fills the enclosure. In your case I would get a couple different plants to fill it up. If you have proper lighting, a hibiscus is a good choice too.

Chase

Awesome, I'm sorry that I'm picking your brain so deep but its my nature to do things right the very first time. Its an ARMY thing I guess.

I have my temps good, I have my UVB lighting set. My Dripper is bought, Ill hand mist until I buy a Auto Mister.

Heres my plants, I have a Scheffiera Aboricola, a Ficus and a Pothos in here.

Too much? Suggestions please.

I will be adding other vines and perchs for him later today or tomorrow.

p2_zps472d34ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heres by boy (not home yet) 7 month old Panther

Just make sure you have several perches at various heights below the basking spot so he can choose his height. I usually have one about 8-10" below and then a couple below that

UPDATE

I have the drip system in, Ive put it on top (outside) of the enclosure rather than inside, I hope that's ok, I added a dowel for him to use and vines and perchs are coming.

Back
Top Bottom