New enclosure/review other pet

dinomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
Even though this is an upgrade for a crested gecko I wanted to pass along some comments about this new enclosure I tried. It was very reasonable $199 from dubias.com, and is 24 x 18 deep x 36 tall. Not big enough for a large cham but I wonder about a small female jacksons or boehmei, or for baby cages. It has a glass door so is easy to control humidity (sides are solid as is area below the door so it would need a fan).

The top is very sturdy but is a type of sprayed mesh; it does occlude more light from the UVB. I get a reading of about 2.5 at 5 inches from the top which is good for this animal. In a screen top c
MB new tunnel 11 23.jpg
age it would read much higher.

I feel like it is very solid and sturdy, it ships flat and was not too horrible to assemble.

MB new 11 23 med.jpg

Very pretty crestie! I love that color. 🥰 I love how you’ve done the enclosure too.
It’s been on my shopping list for too long to get one of their bearded dragon enclosures for my girl, but vet bills keep taking priority. The Dubiaroaches.com enclosures look very similar in design and construction to Zenhabitats.com.

Congrats, beautiful setup and crested gecko 👌

IMHO it's personal choice, I wouldn't put a Boehmei in a smaller enclosure then 24x24x48 because they're soo active. A female jackson (or jackson's in general) are less active and could maybe handle a smaller size enclosure better, yet I always feel sorry for them sitting in a smaller enclosure. But I'm speaking from a luxury position and I know your setups are always perfect with beautiful foliage which would compensate the size difference.

Even though this is an upgrade for a crested gecko I wanted to pass along some comments about this new enclosure I tried. It was very reasonable $199 from dubias.com, and is 24 x 18 deep x 36 tall. Not big enough for a large cham but I wonder about a small female jacksons or boehmei, or for baby cages. It has a glass door so is easy to control humidity (sides are solid as is area below the door so it would need a fan).

The top is very sturdy but is a type of sprayed mesh; it does occlude more light from the UVB. I get a reading of about 2.5 at 5 inches from the top which is good for this animal. In a screen top cView attachment 347255age it would read much higher.

I feel like it is very solid and sturdy, it ships flat and was not too horrible to assemble.

View attachment 347252
Is that a Dalmatian crestie??? That’s going to be my next crestie. I love the enclosure set up!

Very pretty crestie! I love that color. 🥰 I love how you’ve done the enclosure too.
It’s been on my shopping list for too long to get one of their bearded dragon enclosures for my girl, but vet bills keep taking priority. The Dubiaroaches.com enclosures look very similar in design and construction to Zenhabitats.com.
Thank you, he is a pretty boy but a terror when it comes to bugs-will leap 2 feet to grab one from tongs!

Yeah enclosures get very expensive so I though this one might be too good to be true at under $200. Although not perfect I felt it was a good value. I like the openings for temperature/humidity probes as well.

Congrats, beautiful setup and crested gecko 👌

IMHO it's personal choice, I wouldn't put a Boehmei in a smaller enclosure then 24x24x48 because they're soo active. A female jackson (or jackson's in general) are less active and could maybe handle a smaller size enclosure better, yet I always feel sorry for them sitting in a smaller enclosure. But I'm speaking from a luxury position and I know your setups are always perfect with beautiful foliage which would compensate the size difference.
Thank you! It's still missing a few plants and needs to grow out this is the day I made it.

I understand and agree about the space. One should always get the largest enclosure one has space for and can afford.

Is that a Dalmatian crestie??? That’s going to be my next crestie. I love the enclosure set up!
Yes he's a super dalmation. He was in a smaller enclosure as he was 4 grams when I got him-then he grew to a beast of 46 grams!

I really love this enclosure for them. More privacy than for example the Exoterra all glass ones. It is a little bit difficult to drill the top for a Mist King nozzle.

By the way most people say they don't need UVB. I don't believe this. He will fall asleep under it about once a week even though he has many hides. So I believe they should have access to it to be able to regulate.

Yes he's a super dalmation. He was in a smaller enclosure as he was 4 grams when I got him-then he grew to a beast of 46 grams!

I really love this enclosure for them. More privacy than for example the Exoterra all glass ones. It is a little bit difficult to drill the top for a Mist King nozzle.

By the way most people say they don't need UVB. I don't believe this. He will fall asleep under it about once a week even though he has many hides. So I believe they should have access to it to be able to regulate.
I love it. He is so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom