My new GOC

I work alot w/ security cameras. Can you mention the manufacture of the DVR? You can see it from your smart phone and iOS devise, right?

very nice. i'm in the process of buying a new home. getting closer to the highschool our 14 yr old is going to next year. i'm all hardwired with my camera server. wifi cams make the wiring real easy. IN LIKE THERE NO CRAWLING AROUND IN THE ATTIC. I'm obviously not looking forward to that part of the move.

This enclosure is amazing. I am working on a design for building a new inside one and other peoples enclosures are always providing more ideas!

it was also designed to become a 2 tier system (all cages still get plenty of sun) but i’m still stuck at this point. i’m still trying to figure out the best way to divert water and waste from the top cages from making their way to the bottom cages. i have no parasite issues, but still of course don’t want chameleon waste/dead insects/all that bacteria changing cages. i have a few that i’ve set up (complete hack job, but works) w/ heavy-duty aluminum foil folded over several times for rigidity and tucked under the bottom white PVC of the top cages, which gives them a much wider drip edge and so doesn’t go into the bottom cages. but it’s ugly, not ideal, and certainly won’t last as long as i would need it to. i’ve been going back and forth between a long board (plastic/wood/other) under an entire bank of upper cages which either tilts backwards, forwards, or to one end to divert the water; vs. individual units (like a single tray under each cage).

What about slightly tilting the cages and using plastic gutter to catch the runoff? That way you can also choose where the runoff goes, too. I've seen someone's post here (can't remember who's) where they built a really nice multi cage setup, and used plastic gutter to catch the runoff and direct it to a bucket. It was also a 2 tiered system.

I love my indoor/outdoor temp and humidity gauge. Insanely accurate, as i keep two or three of all my gauges everywhere. However, an alarm peeked my interest. The one loyal and faithful component i have will now have to be upgraded. Thanx:(. Always upgrading and replacing with these creatures. Thank you for the tip. I love this site. You read pages and pages on one subject, to find that one little crucial game changing tip you hadn't heard of or thought about. Glad i decided to read an older thread. Thanx to those who dug it up. Can anyone give me a lift to sam's club and loan me $30?

What about slightly tilting the cages and using plastic gutter to catch the runoff? That way you can also choose where the runoff goes, too. I've seen someone's post here (can't remember who's) where they built a really nice multi cage setup, and used plastic gutter to catch the runoff and direct it to a bucket. It was also a 2 tiered system.

if you look back through the thread, that idea has come up repeatedly but still have not found an adequate product for my needs. since the cages hang they all wind up tilting anyway, particularly the female cages since i'm occasionally putting heavy laying bins in.

believe it or not, my temporary solution (while not pretty by ANY means) is working fairly well---just a few feet of heavy duty aluminum foil folded into a thick "sheet" that i lay under the front white PVC bottoms and troughs the water forward several inches. as the cages are tilting forward anyway, the water pretty much jets over the edge, missing the bottom cage. photo below is a screen-cap from a video as i couldn't find a better photo.

Attachments

• aluminum foil.jpg
    aluminum foil.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 147
I love my indoor/outdoor temp and humidity gauge. Insanely accurate, as i keep two or three of all my gauges everywhere. However, an alarm peeked my interest. The one loyal and faithful component i have will now have to be upgraded. Thanx:(. Always upgrading and replacing with these creatures. Thank you for the tip. I love this site. You read pages and pages on one subject, to find that one little crucial game changing tip you hadn't heard of or thought about. Glad i decided to read an older thread. Thanx to those who dug it up. Can anyone give me a lift to sam's club and loan me $30?

meanwhile the remote gauge has gotten too wet too many times, so i've lost the outdoor readings. initially the bag of dry rice worked, but i think it's fried now. i don't need it during the summer anyway, but i'll have to replace the unit or remote if it's available as a part. knew i should have bought 2 when i finally found it!!

believe it or not, my temporary solution (while not pretty by ANY means) is working fairly well---just a few feet of heavy duty aluminum foil folded into a thick "sheet" that i lay under the front white PVC bottoms and troughs the water forward several inches.

Metal drip flashing could be attached in the same fashion and would look less baked potato. ;)

Back
Top Bottom