Chester has RI.

lurker9090

I am so beyond sad to tell you chester is sick.

I noticed him opening his mouth on the weekend during a extra hot day. I assumed it was because of the heat. I adjusted some things in his enclosure and hoped he would be okay. Three days ago he did the worst thing ever, slightly tipped his head up. The next morning I got him into the vet

They found pneumonia. He has been prescribed CEFTAZIDIME and i have to hold him down and give him intramuscular shots every 3 days for the next month. It has been a nightmare past few days. I was first very hopeful because he was active and eating. yesterday was his first day not eating. Its really hard to watch. i feel terrified everytime i quickly leave the house that I will come back and he will be gone.

It was just such a shock. When i went to the vet I literally thought there was 0 chance he was sick and I was over reacting. When I got the call, i literally couldn't believe it.

1k vet bill, more to come. In exam season.
Just the shift in him from two day ago to yesterday was really hard to see. God I hope he eats today.
Please send your love and prayers to Chester. I cannot believe we are here. I work in the pet care industry so I know a few people who have had chameleons, all of theirs died once they got an RI, so I, am terrified.
All our trust built up will be gone as he goes through these shots. So sad and hard to see.

This is one of my favourite photos of Chester. I noticed one day him particularly interested in exploring the ground. I looked away for two minutes and came back to find him trying to get the horn worms out of their bag, you can see where he tried chewing the bag:( He some how saw them all the way from his enclosure.
IMG_1188.jpg

Hey there. So sorry to hear this. He may eat quite a bit less then he normally would being as how he is on meds. Even if he only takes down a few insects a week he will be ok. Hydration will be important. Make sure you have a dripper running during the day for him to have access to water.

From my experience, get the culture testing or whatever done ASAP. If the CEFTAZIDIME doesn't work you'll have the peace of mind knowing that the correct antibiotic can be prescribed. I'm still waiting on results cause I went with CEFTAZIDIME to start and didn't get a test done day 1 and now I'm stressed every day.

I am so beyond sad to tell you chester is sick.

I noticed him opening his mouth on the weekend during a extra hot day. I assumed it was because of the heat. I adjusted some things in his enclosure and hoped he would be okay. Three days ago he did the worst thing ever, slightly tipped his head up. The next morning I got him into the vet

They found pneumonia. He has been prescribed CEFTAZIDIME and i have to hold him down and give him intramuscular shots every 3 days for the next month. It has been a nightmare past few days. I was first very hopeful because he was active and eating. yesterday was his first day not eating. Its really hard to watch. i feel terrified everytime i quickly leave the house that I will come back and he will be gone.

It was just such a shock. When i went to the vet I literally thought there was 0 chance he was sick and I was over reacting. When I got the call, i literally couldn't believe it.

1k vet bill, more to come. In exam season.
Just the shift in him from two day ago to yesterday was really hard to see. God I hope he eats today.
Please send your love and prayers to Chester. I cannot believe we are here. I work in the pet care industry so I know a few people who have had chameleons, all of theirs died once they got an RI, so I, am terrified.
All our trust built up will be gone as he goes through these shots. So sad and hard to see.

This is one of my favourite photos of Chester. I noticed one day him particularly interested in exploring the ground. I looked away for two minutes and came back to find him trying to get the horn worms out of their bag, you can see where he tried chewing the bag:( He some how saw them all the way from his enclosure.
View attachment 353927
We are pulling for him!

Oh no. I’m sorry that your pretty Chester is sick. I feel your pain in having to give the injections. 🥺 Such tiny little arms. Sending you both prayers and healing vibes. 🙏💗 Give him a magic green jelly worm for me.

Back
Top Bottom