Losing my baby boy

He'll always open his mouth for me. So I have no problem feeding him . he's always ate out of my hand like a dog. I gave him a syringe today with some vitamins. So he doesn't want to eat the worms tomorrow I'll try that stuff thanks. Or I could just take a bunch of worms and crickets and use my blender:D:LOL: just jokes trying to have a sense of humor:ROFLMAO:. Long day. Ripped 10 cages apart. Steam cleaned and cut a lot of plants vines to grow more(y)

Well technically if the bugs are well gutloaded that should technically work... I would add some organic fruit based baby food to hold it all together but it should work XD maybe add some calcium powder etc. I really shouldn't consider doing this stuff with my mom's blender o_O either way, do what works and hopefully he will continue to be as normal as possible and be strong. I am hoping whatever that vet prescribed to put in his eyes will help... if you can get it in .__. We are all here for you guys. Remember to come here for anything <3

Sorry for your babies condition.

My female veiled chameleon has very dry eyes, this is what I do, and she understands what I'm doing, she never fights it.

I take water, and add Repti-Safety drops according to directions per cup. I get a paper towel, and get it soaked. I put my hand as close to her eye as she is comfortable with and squeeze the reptile-safe water over her eye.

I try to keep it to a small stream and squeezing slowly.

My Lady Jade will close her eyes, and you can see her eyeball stretching the skin behind the lid.

It's been working since I got her and noticed one eye not opening as much as the other. If she has something in her eye blocking vision. I use the wet paper towel to dislodge it.

You may have to do the reptile-safe-water paper-towel-dunk-and-squeeze a few times. If you see your chameleon rolling their eyes under the skin of the eye, it's stretching and trying to get it to open more.

The first time I tried it, my female was hell bent on sprinting to safety. I held her, and I started to drop water on the "bad" eye. During the struggle I could see her moving her eye around, and the lids were closed. She stopped struggling long enough for her to notice I was helping, and the loathsome water wasn't a bad thing.

Every time she sees me spraying a paper towel she knows what I'm doing and sets herself up to feel safe, but, give me room to squeeze the paper towel over her eye (s).

If she stays with her eyes closed for any length of time she's allowing me to reload the paper towel with reptile safe water.

When Lady Jade is done, she's all "get the %#$@ away with that towel" and I know we're done for the day

Poor little lad, hope you and your daughter are ok. We bought our panther cham off a couple who said due to work they could not give him the time. We have had him for 2 weeks now and I took him to the vet as he appearead under weight, and had been shedding since we got him. I was right.......he was not getting enough calcium, only weighed 127g and on the verge of dehydration! I have been advised to bath him twice a day and spray in between to soften his skin. Maybe spraying the eyes with water or like winpooh said with the towels. I wish you all the luck and hope he gets better soon xx

Poor little lad, hope you and your daughter are ok. We bought our panther cham off a couple who said due to work they could not give him the time. We have had him for 2 weeks now and I took him to the vet as he appearead under weight, and had been shedding since we got him. I was right.......he was not getting enough calcium, only weighed 127g and on the verge of dehydration! I have been advised to bath him twice a day and spray in between to soften his skin. Maybe spraying the eyes with water or like winpooh said with the towels. I wish you all the luck and hope he gets better soon xx
Well at least you saved him . Everytime I go into a Petco or a PetSmart I get so mad and see the conditions that they keep them then I want to take them. They take a lot of time and care and people don't realize that. Good for you. And thanks I hope yours gets better and I hope mine gets better real soon(y)(y)

Yaaaay! That's such good news, well done, sure it was the quality of the care. Happy story, let's hope he keeps improving. :):):)

Yaaaay! That's such good news, well done, sure it was the quality of the care. Happy story, let's hope he keeps improving. :):):)
I can't believe it how bad he was. And my daughter took him into the shower almost every other day fed him by hand. Did his vitamins everything for him and she's only eight

Haha:)

Attachments

• 20160709_151803.jpg
    20160709_151803.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 103
:) Aww, what a fantastic picture! what an expression, very sweet indeed. well she obviously has a get knack with them, learning from her dad, big kudos to her. Wonderful to have that interest at such a young age.
Thanks for sharing the story, hopefully happy ending too and such a great photo. :)

Back
Top Bottom