Going to go to the vet again. Is the pics I said I would send

Attachments

• 20160924_100221.jpg
    20160924_100221.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20160924_100342.jpg
    20160924_100342.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 229
Poor little guy- makes my heart ache for him and you all, It must be a very worrying time, I'm wishing and hoping that he makes a recovery.:love:

Doesn't look good. Sometimes I swear I know more than a vet does. It seems like all they want to do just put medication into them. I might just be mouthing off because I'm aggravated:mad:. But then gave him another shower. Got one eye open. Going to my local reptile store she got a big ol fat hornworm for him. And I'll just have to make him eat it:(:(:(:( I can't seem to want to give up on him

Don't give up if u think there's fight still there r and as long as there's the smallest progression forward

And I agree vets don't always know my guy wasn't eating 4 2 weeks so I thought he might have a parasite so I waited for days 4 a poop to come out so I could take it n him in to the vet he was starting to looses weight as well after blood work n pooh test everything was fine no explanation for this. Where I'm from vets just want your money. And from what I was told there's verry few in Canada that have a clue about chams. Shit I spent over 10,000 $ on my dog to find out he had a thyroid problem even after several thyroid test 3 different vets over 5 years then finally tested postive on a thyroid test it was a fight till the bitter end I was to the point of putting him down thank god I didn't because he is the glue to my family lol

Aw man, keep the faith dude. Tony and I will keep you in our thoughts. If you think he has a chance then he has a chance. Hope he pulls through!

And I agree vets don't always know my guy wasn't eating 4 2 weeks so I thought he might have a parasite so I waited for days 4 a poop to come out so I could take it n him in to the vet he was starting to looses weight as well after blood work n pooh test everything was fine no explanation for this. Where I'm from vets just want your money. And from what I was told there's verry few in Canada that have a clue about chams. Shit I spent over 10,000 $ on my dog to find out he had a thyroid problem even after several thyroid test 3 different vets over 5 years then finally tested postive on a thyroid test it was a fight till the bitter end I was to the point of putting him down thank god I didn't because he is the glue to my family lol
Like I always tell my wife. When we bring the kids to the doctors when they were babies and you'll see a pediatrician they have no clue what's wrong with them they can't talk back. Same with a vet the animal can't talk back. I just live in an area where there isn't that many exotic vets. Not to mention that the chameleons are Nature's Rubik's Cube

U got it. I'm in an area of a thousand vets n there's only 2 that would look at mine they all would send his pooh out 4 there premium $test here in Canada vets or assistances don't even look at pooh all sent out which I think is dumb cause that's how I think u would learn a bit is by routing through there pooh

God I honestly hate vets that don't know what they are doing. I honestly think he needs the fluid in his eyes drained somehow and at least looked at. My vet is at least willing to work with me. I am so glad for her sometimes. What you can try to do to feed him his hornworms is try to open his mouth by making him angry. What you want to do is hold him still and place your finger and thumb on either side of the back of his mouth. It usually triggers a response in my chame to open their mouths.

He's had a rough day I got some horns for him. I'm going to be doing that tomorrow. I dislike Force feeding them but it has to be done. Drinking still with a little bit of vitamins in it so fingers crossed

I'm sorry to hear that.<3 I know it's not a great time but do you have Instagram? If you do I have a feeling I follow you but I hope he pulls through

He's had a rough day I got some horns for him. I'm going to be doing that tomorrow. I dislike Force feeding them but it has to be done. Drinking still with a little bit of vitamins in it so fingers crossed
At least it's good to hear he's in capable hands!
I'll keep my fingers crossed too.

Link do you have any carnivore care? It may be easier to feed him that than keep feeding him insects... at least for the time being until you can figure out what helps or needs to be done.

I can get him to eat horns. If he doesn't tomorrow. I'll have to go down that road. And usually that road doesn't usually end well.:confused:

If you need to buy carnivore care you can buy some off amazon. It's really easy to feed them with a syringe. All you do is do as I said and place your fingers on either side of his jaw and gently press, while gently prying his lips apart with the syringe tip. It won't cause pain, but it should annoy him enough to gape and then just put the syringe at the far back of his throat without gagging him and slowly give him some. You might want to do it in stages through out the day depending on how much is recommended in a single daily serving. You don't want too give too much in one session but it is a lot easier when they can't see and are sick to feed them carnivore care. Eventually when he is healthy, even if he can't see, you can work on training him to eat from your fingers blind.

Back
Top Bottom